X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want my ex back.

Hi! Im kind of desperate.

He lives in Atlanta, I live in Miami. We used to see each other every month for 8 months.. then he broke up with me because i told him that i would move only if he give me a ring.. and he told me that we have to be living for a while in the same city before making that decision. I didnt agree... so we have 2 months apart now. I called him 2 days ago and told him I now understand we should live in the same city first, and i would look for a job in atlanta and he was happy to hear that but told me that it has been 2 months since the split and he has to think about it.. he hasnt call me not even to say hi.. He told me he's coming 4th of july to see his family and we should talk.. but why is he so patience!? I have to wait for one month? cant we discuss this on the phone? I need some advice. What can I do? I want him to love me like he did during those 8 months..

As harsh as this is going to sound, you can't force someone to love you. :/ Two months of being apart from someone can change a lot. It can help you see reasons you weren't compatible or reasons you'd be better off moving on. It's oftentimes why taking a break in relationships simply doesn't work. People are able to separate from something and see whether or not they feel that it's truly worth fighting for, when it hits the point of a break/breaking up. I honestly think that the only thing you can do in this situation is talk to him when he comes around. Give him that much. If you force it, you're likely going to make it so he doesn't even want that. Maybe he wants to assess how he feels for you when he sees you again or maybe he feels this type of conversation is worthy of an in person talk and not an impersonal one on the phone, where emotions can easily run too high. There's not much you can do other than hear out what he has to say a month from now and go from there.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

was this the first contactyou have had since the split? I can see his side. You want him back and will say/do anything to get that. In the last 2 months he has had time to think about how things were handled, how they could have been handled differently etc. Give him some space to think about what you are now throwing at him. Do not hound him everyday. let him make the next move.
      everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by subeasley View Post
        was this the first contactyou have had since the split? I can see his side. You want him back and will say/do anything to get that. In the last 2 months he has had time to think about how things were handled, how they could have been handled differently etc. Give him some space to think about what you are now throwing at him. Do not hound him everyday. let him make the next move.
        This.

They say distance makes the heart grow fonder but it some cases it makes you re-evaluate a lot of things. I would suggest you give him some space and also use the time to come to term with the fact that there just might be a small chance that it won't work out.

Comment

But dont you think i can at least send him text messages like "Good morning. Have a nice day" or.. "Good night..sweet dreams"... call him in two weeks?.... I dont want to be completely apart during one month ... Or I have to wait for him to make the move?

Comment

You told him that you wouldn't move to him without getting engaged after only 8 months? That's a bit much for a relationship that is less than a year old. He probably wasn't ready to match that level of commitment, and if you two disagree about living together before marriage, that's a pretty big deal breaker. He might think that your priorities are just too different for the relationship to work. Otherwise, I agree with Eclaire--you can't force someone to want to be with you, especially when he's making it clear that he doesn't want to be in contact anymore. I'd cut your losses, move on, and find someone whose beliefs are more in line with yours.

Comment

Working...
            X