The "real" reason you're in an LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahahaha this is great

I was getting tired of all my European friends... I decided to go for something more exotic! All Peruvians live in the mountains, right? Like in The Emperor's New Groove, with llamas and stuff?
    Last edited by kittyo9; June 8, 2012, 11:03 AM.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Because all the Finnish guys suck XD There's nothing like a British gentleman

Loving this thread, by the way.

Comment

*giggle* I've dated both Canadians and kiwis, the fush and chups is not as sexy as the oots and ins and aboots and ehs! ;D

Comment

I heard Bruce Springsteen singing about Jersey girls... and I thought that if Jersey girls are like this.... what about Jersey guys?

now I happened to have a friend in an international forum coming from Jersey... and I asked him if he was nice.... he said... 'let me show that to you'

and YES....he was right!
          Last edited by Carenza LaRue; June 8, 2012, 11:40 AM.
          The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

Ooh, another one!

I wanted to help restart the economy by supporting the sluggish airline and postal industries. With all my money.

Comment

I was getting sick of all the British girls having bad teeth (at least that's what TV says and TV would never lie to me), so I decided to go out with someone who isn't British. And, she had braces when I met her, so win-win!

Comment

Because saying I visit Belgium every few months just for waffles and chocolate was too weird, even by my standards

Comment

Because I'm anglophile and I already had a British boyfriend so I thought "hey, I haven't been to America yet. I should try one of the"
                  So lucky this American friend I knew had just decided to move back to the States to California so I was like: "yes, he's the one!"

Comment

We met on an MMO that literally no one played. (Literally, there is no more than 2,000 people on at one time.) I had just been hurt pretty badly by a relationship (of sorts) with a Finnish boy, and then three months later, really started talking to this Canadian. I have a long history of dating foreigners (strangely all from cold places... Russia, Finland, Canada... Oops), and I figured Canadian is as close to America as I can get without being American! Hah hah, no really though, I just became attracted to him, regardless of his nationality. We were massively flirting and I decided to pop the question and he said yes. Best crazy thing I've ever done.

Comment

I decided I need an out of country boyfriend because my family lived in the same country for generations and it's boring!!! Conveniently, I was about to go into internship in South Africa and there I picked a nice one for the future. Now my family's going to be international. God did say we should spread!

Comment

I wanted a sophisticated French boyfriend for bragging rights and eventual French residency, he wanted a nymphomaniac American girl to realize his lifelong dream of banging a girl from every continent. While quoting Proust and talking about the great, nauseous void that is la vie, of course. For the glory of France. I guess that's why he keeps asking me if I've ever met anyone from Antarctica...
                        Last edited by CynicalQuixotic; June 8, 2012, 01:02 PM.

Comment

The reason I'm in a LDR is because all the girls here are too used to the cold Canadian weather. I decided to look to the warmer parts. I thought a girl in Phoenix wouldn't like the cold here and would want to snuggle more.

Well it's that or the fact that we met online and fell for each other.

Comment

we met on a dating site and i had my location set to his in florida because i had lived there before and planned on moving back. i never did and he moved to arizona. we fell for each other throughout the course of 6 months and it made sense for us to make it official so that's why he's so far! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rook View Post
                              The reason I'm in a LDR is because all the girls here are too used to the cold Canadian weather. I decided to look to the warmer parts. I thought a girl in Phoenix wouldn't like the cold here and would want to snuggle more.

Well it's that or the fact that we met online and fell for each other.
                              IDK man, we Arizonians like our heat. Too cold and we can't deal, and your SO gets it worse than I did. ;-)

To stay on topic: I was in an LDR because geeky guys make the best lovers, so I'll be darned if I was giving mine up.
                              ♥ Erika & Thomas ♥
                              ♥ Est. January 13, 2011 ♥ Became LDR July 1, 2011 ♥ Christmas visit December 24 - 29, 2011 ♥ Closed the distance June 2, 2012 ♥

♪ Cause with you I'd withstand all of it to hold your hand ♫

Comment

I thought the US embassy could use all the money we're spending on not getting visas.
                                Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                                Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                                Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Working...
                                X