No announcement yet.

The "real" reason you're in an LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in an LDR because I am a die-hard Baltimore Ravens Football fan (the REAL football ) and I figured, I really need a man who likes a team that plays in the NFC so we can have the possibility of a Superbowl against each other.

And because he lives far enough away that when I visit him, I have no familial responsibilites for the WHOLE weekend.

We met using a hashtag on Twitter relating to Internet Predators (Ironic ). To Catch A Predator, anyone? But then he posted a pic of himself and his dog about 7 months later and I thought, he's SEXY too? Let's do this
    My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
    It's just me and you
    Put the pedal to the metal
    Baby, turn the radio on
    We can run to the far side of nowhere
    We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

Plain and simple...who wouldn't want to marry their best friend? I jut happened to snag mine real quick before anyone else could ;D

Comment

Because having a boyfriend in a country where you can ski several months a year was on my wishlist for a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by lademoiselle View Post
          Because everyone knows what they say about Frenchmen and romance!
          Because everyone also knows what they say about Latin men and romance Jeje! =D

Comment

Because I wanted to travel but can't afford to right now. What better way than to live vicariously through my best friend who is able to do it?

Comment

My reasons may be pitiful but here goes the truth... No guy has ever liked me (I guess that I am too shy and not pretty enough). My SO liked me for my personality and for who I was before he even saw how I looked. I feel lucky to have met him, he is sweet and he thinks I am beautiful inside and out

Comment

My Mom's only advice when I went away to University was to stay away from the women and focus on my studies.

The first week I fell in love with the cutest girl in the world

Comment

I met him on vacation - in the dead middle of winter in New Hampshire. Because every Florida raised girl wants to fall in love with a man from a ridiculously freezing climate <3 The New England accent is pretty cute too - plus he lives really close to Boston and I like going there so it was more convenient to date a guy who lived nearby than to worry about trying to travel there alone

Comment

I have the biggest Mexican fetish on the planet. Not even kidding, and I´ve had it for as long as I can remember. Almost all of the major boyfriends I´ve had in my life have been Mexican, and the only one that wasn´t could have passed for one. My best friend is Mexican, my "little brother" is Mexican... Like it´s ridiculous. If I hadn´t started dating Miguel, I would have found another one eventually. And I don´t mean Mexican Canadian, I mean like straight up born and raised there.

My standards for guys are: Mexican who studies Math or Engineering, who can challenge my taste in music. That´s all I ask for :P And I´ve found him in my Migui! :333 (plus actually nice boyfriend-y things too!)

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                    -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                    \

Comment

Because I wanted to escape this Arizona heat and what better than having an SO in the place where my parents met and fell in love? Plus I've always heard Italians are well "endowed"

Notes:
                      Met: 8.17.09
                      Started Dating: 8.20.09
                      First Met: 10.2.10
                      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Because I've always had a thing for reclusive goth-ish looking guys with long dark hair. ;D

Really though, I totally just managed to fall for my best friend. <3
                        "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                        This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                        Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Because I wanted bi-racial curly haired babies with green eyes.

Comment

Mine's pretty plain and simple: I went off to grad school and he's off being a military contractor overseas! Closing the distance when I graduate and his contract is up next year

Comment

we're LD because i live with 7 members of my family and we thought that him moving for 12000KM would give us more privacy
                              Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                              And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                              ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

I couldn,t help falling for my best friend that was , from the beginning supposed to leave for UK ...

Comment

Working...
                                X