Dreaming About Your SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreaming About Your SO

I dream quite vividly and remember them very well. Sometimes I can seem to control them and project the people and things I want into my dream. Seems as though my SO is in my dream every other night. It makes me miss her so much cause I am hoping to wake up next to her. It's also a blessing though because it makes it seem like she is right there. Does anyone else dream about their SO? How often? Has anyone explored lucid dreaming?

I used to have loads of dreams of my SO, even before we really got together but also at the start of our relationship. Now, not so much :/ Not that I really need to, because he's right here. But I loved dreaming about him. Sure, it made me miss him and want him here with me, but it was also awesome to wake up all smiley and happy because I'd just had a dream about my love.. and share the dreams with him as soon as I woke up Good times

Comment

I had a couple of dreams about him and us.. but I can't remember them..some were also kind od nightmares..
      I do more daydreaming about him/us and that's happening all the time!! I love it

Comment

I don't remember my dreams very often, but when I do, my fiance is usually in them in some way. It nice to wake up and know that he was with me in some way.
        "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
        Made it official: September 17, 2010
        Got engaged: January 15, 2012
        Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
        Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
        Got married: November 21, 2012
        Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
        Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

My dreams have reoccurring and significantly distressing abandonment themes and themes of loss in them. They center around varying people, those who are in my life and those who aren't, but since becoming involved with my SO, he headlines in most of them. :/ Therefore, I don't care so much to dream about my SO. I'd rather not have the distressing dreams, that violently wake me, than the occasional cuddly dreams I have with him in them.

As far as lucid dreaming, I'm able to do it, but I don't choose when I'm able to do it. It's simply that sometimes I'm lucid and sometimes I'm not. I have never, however, been lucid during an abandonment/loss dream. I'm able to be lucid during nightmares, but not ones with that theme, and I'm very lucid in happy dreams.
          { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
          Met online: February 2009
          Feelings confessed: December 2010
          Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
          Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
          First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
          Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
          Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
          Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
          to be continued...

Comment

I don't dream about my SO that often, to be honest... I'd say about two or three times a month. I go through periods of dreaming an awful lot, then hardly at all (not that I remember, anyway).

Comment

In each dream I've had with him in it, he's saved me from something. Mostly, he's saved me from my ex... which I guess is appropriate because that's what I've told him before about how I feel. It's not knight-in-shining-armor saving either... it's almost like military saving. He'll find me when my ex has me locked in a room or he'll appear with my dog to get me out of a place where I'm scared and upset.

I try to go to sleep thinking of life together, hoping I'll have one of those dreams, but none yet...
              My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
              It's just me and you
              Put the pedal to the metal
              Baby, turn the radio on
              We can run to the far side of nowhere
              We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

I've had a few some of them memorable, but I DAYDREAM about him nearly all day if that counts

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
                Second visit scheduled May 2013
                Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

I dream a lot about him. Now that our visit is getting closer, I've been dreaming a lot about flying over to him or being on a plane with him. I can feel him in my dreams, hugging me and me holding tight onto him.

Comment

I dreamt about him every time I slept on the plane from Chicago to Shanghai. We would be together in my dream, and I would wake up tightly clutching my phone, disappointed to realize it wasn't really his hand...

Comment

I've dreamt about my SO a good amount and honestly I TRY not to, waking up and realizing that it never happened and that I was never with my SO rips my heart apart and I lay in bed crying because it just sucks. I can handle not dreaming about him, not seeing him and being with him because in a way I detach myself from the fact that he's not here but when I dream about him that all goes flying out the window. Of course I day dream about him but those I know it's not happening so no harm is done.

Notes:
                      Met: 8.17.09
                      Started Dating: 8.20.09
                      First Met: 10.2.10
                      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I get dreams with him in them from time to time. I even had them before we met. Some have been strangely prophetic.

Comment

I have ridiculously vivid dreams too, to the point where sometimes I'll be convinced I told my SO something, and it turns out I have dreamt I did! I dream about him a lot lately, but they're always awful dreams (like calling his phone and some girl answering, or him admitting to me he's cheating) and I wake up anxious! I think I am just nervous about moving soon, honestly.

I wish I had dreams that make me miss my SO... Instead I'll spend a whole day angry with him and not always know why!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

i lucid dream alot, and it is great because I can imagine my SO and we go places and he hugs me and we kiss and it feeels soo sooo sooo real
                            but i cant always chose to lucid dream it hapeens most the time 3 or 4 times a month, most of the other time i see normal dreams, that arent lucid

Comment

I dreamed about mine for years before we met, although I had no way of knowing it was him at the time.

For the longest time I had this recurring dream that I was on a boat, and there was a man with dark hair and dark eyes sitting in front of me. I knew, beyond a shadow that we were a couple - just the overall feeling of security that permeated the dream. I never saw his face, but he had dark, kind of long hair and was wearing a black shirt... I simply KNEW he had beautiful, warm, dark eyes. There was no fear, no anxiety.. just this overwhelming sense of calm that we were heading somewhere but I never knew where.

This is a dream I had consistently, not every night but often enough that I remembered it each time and I remember in the dream wanting so badly for him to turn so I could see his face. It happened enough that I would recognize it and think "ok this time he's going to turn around" but he never did.

I have always been attracted to men with dark hair and eyes, and that may have played into my dream sequence somehow... but none of my ex's had that coloring. They were all blonde or reddish blond *sigh* and they had their own set of issues. And yes, this dream occurred while I was "happily involved" at the time with someone else as well.

When we met and after we realized all of this was going somewhere that we had no control over, I told him about my dream and we talked about it. I've only had that dream once since that time, and in the dream the man did turn around. Some would say projection, and that very well may be it however, I've not had that dream since that point. Looking back at it I think the dream was saying we were looking for each other, we were close by but just hadn't found ourselves yet. Our "journey" was in that finding.

Laugh if you want That's not the first recurring dream I've had like that relating to specific points or times in my life. I don't claim to be clairvoyant... but it's just freaky weird when it happens. In this case, it was verra cool
                              Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
                              Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
                              Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
                              Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
                              Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

Working...
                              X