Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bipolar about visiting, only 6 days left!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bipolar about visiting, only 6 days left!

So 6 days left and I am literally bi polar and still don’t want to go, but I know I have to!

One minute I’m okay with going and I’m all: “This will be fun, and I’ll get to see my hubby and go to Disney, etc..”

Then comes the:
    “God I’m so afraid to go on a plane, what if I get lost? What if I get sick? I’m gonna miss my mom and nephew so much.. Then I have to leave, and I can’t stay too long or it will be even harder to leave him…but I can’t leave too soon! I wonder how bad it’s going to be for him now that I’M leaving HIM.”

Then my mom has been having her anxiety and panic attacks and I have a feeling it’s because I’m leaving soon. She’s literally had heart pains and attacks everyday for 9 days but won’t go to the emergency room. And she said today she wanted my sister to go with us for when she drops me off at the airport because she’s going to be crying the whole time… which makes me even want to cry thinking about it.

This is just going to be so hard… and it’s like I feel like I’ll never come back, but deep down I obviously know I’ll be coming back home. Then when I’m home I’ll be crying because I want to go back to see him…

LDR’s suck so much…

And then of course there’s the thoughts I try to silence which is what if something happens to me or my plane crashes and it’s like I put my mom through all of this and it’s just … blah.
    sigpic
    We've been together since 10.11.10

First Visit-7.13.11
    Second Visit-12.17.11
    Closed the distance-06.20.12

If it makes you feel any better it's actually proven that you're more likely to die in a car crash than you are in a plane, there as sooooooooooo many safety features in planes that it's almost impossible to crash, did you know that EVERY piece of machinery in a plane including everything that makes it run is doubled so that if something fails the back up will kick in? There's even two pilots.

As for your mom well you'll just have to hope that she'll be okay, I'm sure there are other family members to watch out for her right? You should focus on having a good time.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Calm down! It's going to be fine. And I'm pretty sure your feelings are normal. You are just nervous. Try to relax and get your mind off the nerves. Keep yourself busy and try not to think about it. And try to help your mom relax, too. I have panic attacks, and usually it isn't anything to get medical help for, but then I take xanex for mine. Chest pains are a normal symptom of panic attacks. But she does need to relax and try not to worry so much. You'll only be gone a short time.

And the odds of a plane crash are WAY tinier than the odds of a car crash. You're much more likely to get hurt in daily life than in a plane. You'll get there, and you'll have a great time with your guy. Just relax and it will all be fine.
      Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
      Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
      Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
      LD again: July 24, 2012
      Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
      Married: November 1, 2014
      Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

Working...
      X