Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with anxiety in your LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I was too dependant on him. Early on when we began ldr I told him. He just said....

I am worried on myself but I can't help but be confused and hurt.

Comment

I understand that you are hurt & I understand that you are upset ... I also KNOW that you have to stop checking in on him & I know that'll be hard. You need to find other things to do when you start to think of him & checking in on him.

Comment

I'm in the train on my way to see my sisters for the long weekend. We are going to an amusement park, that will be fun. I hope I wake up positive that day and don't break down during this trip. I must just stay strong.

Comment

Enjoy the trip for what it is .... Canada's Birthday !!!! Have lots of fun .... even if you don't feel like having fun give it a try & maybe just maybe trying to have fun will turn into having fun ..... even a fake smile can become a real one

Comment

I totally understand how hard it is, trust me. I have anxiety anyway, we're in a bit of a rough patch too due to the distance and a mistake I made that really, really hurt him, so everything at once is really hard for me to deal with sometimes. I have the bad habit of trying to plan absolutely everything in my life, which is what got us here in the first place, and now I'm forcing myself to take it one day at a time. I'm in counseling, I have been since the relationship started for other reasons, and that's helped a lot. I also work out to keep myself busy. It's a bonus because the exercise really boosts my mood and I prove to myself how strong I am all at once. I hang out with friends and my family, take myself on dates (I had a crappy day at work, which is making my mentality really suck, so I'm going to the movies tonight!), and I also keep a journal so I can write all these thoughts and feelings down and work them out on my own. Being negative really is the easiest thing in the world, but I try my very best to stay positive, and normally do a good job of it. Just try to keep yourself busy and your mind preoccupied.

Comment

ya I'm a planner too but now it's just one day at a time. Everything is constantly changing for me these days anyways so taking it in stride. He would tell me stop taking 900 steps ahead, worry about your job first and would get really upset at me, but I can't help that I want to see him and to me, that is a priority above all.

I know many events caused to be where we are, external non controllable events and things that we were in control of, we lost control of and we lost our way and lost track of each other. However, I realize if he can't accept me for my worst, even if it was prompted out of all these situations and likely CD wouldn't have blown up this way, then how can I not know if we'll be able to handle problems together? I understand he's going through the impossible now but still.. it's worrisome for our future, if we even have one.

Comment

Working...
              X