Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to jump back on the horse

Hey everyone,

After several months of flying solo I'm ready to start fishin again. I was wondering if anyone could help point me in the right direction?

I live in a very small northern canadian community, 22 yrs old in August, I live in a cozy 1 bedroom apartment by myself.

I love camping, traveling, going for a walk/run outdoors, reading books, cooking, and playing board games.

I look forward to seeing some of the responses

Iiii have never conventionally dated, so I can't help you really, just wanted to wish you the best of luck
    All I know is you gotta put yourself out there, and confidence is sexy but arrogance isn't and always wash behind your ears.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I agree with Zephii.

You could consider online dating? I realise with online dating, the quote of "you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince" more or less becomes true, but my grandfather ended up meeting someone online who's a beautiful and lovely woman. Definitely better than anyone he's met in person and you can tell how smitten he is with her. His recommendation was that if you meet someone who sounds interesting, plan to meet in person; don't waste time over e-mail but rather set up a lunch date so you can get everything squared away from the get-go. He likes to be able to see their eyes to determine the truth and he also feels that it's a better determinant of chemistry (then again, those of us who met online in our LDRs might disagree ).

I would also consider looking into seeing if anywhere nearby has singles activity groups? Here, they cost money to join, but they have programs where singles get together for outdoor activities, such as hiking, rafting, and so on, so they essentially put you in a position to meet other, outdoorsy singles who are as interested in meeting people, making friends, and hopefully making connections as you are. You could also consider getting involved in community events or groups/programs that offer things you're interested in doing. The purpose wouldn't be for dating, but it'd certainly expand your social circle!

Other than that, I, like Zephii, can't say I've ever conventionally dated. I am somewhat learning from my mother as she goes through the process of finding someone, and the biggest thing seems to be you have to make yourself available. You can't expect yourself to go to work, come home, spend time with the buds and only the buds and meet someone. You have to put an active effort into getting involved in new things and meeting new people, going out and getting a feel for connecting with people to begin with, and working on finding the type of person who's a match for you. Best of luck!
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After