Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What anniversaries do you & your SO track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What anniversaries do you & your SO track?

Like... the date you met, the date you started talking... anything else that might be important to you.

My SO & I only keep track of our Jan 6 anniversary, but Feb 25 is the date that he lavaliered me, so I will always remember that date (even if he doesn't).

So what dates to you like to keep track of? What dates are important to you? Are there dates that are more important to you than to your SO (or vise versa)?

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Our May 2nd [2009] anniversary, and our May 2nd [2008], which is the first time we ever talked :P He spoke to me for the first time on that day in 2008, and I agreed to be his gf on that date in 2009. Long story. I also like to track the first time we kissed :P May 15th '09.

Comment

At this point we pretty much only remember the anniversary of when we got engaged and when we started dating... although we'll probably mostly forget those once we get married. We're not too big on important dates lol

Comment

We still "celebrate" the day we got together each month, and by celebrate, I mean we take a moment to acknowledge it. I suppose even though we're past the year long mark, being in a long-distance relationship, each month that goes on feels like both an accomplishment and one month closer. We do celebrate the big ones, though, like we celebrated 6 months, 1 year, we will celebrate 1 year and 6 months, and then year 2, 3, etc. We've so far celebrated them a week to a month early, but usually we go out to dinner and have a nice little date we wouldn't normally. I imagine I'll want to celebrate our closing the distance date as well.

I don't believe we have any anniversaries that are more important to me than him or to him than me, but we only celebrate the day we made it official, so that could be why.
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

We remember each significant moment in our relationship. And he sends me a card each time. The day we met (online), when we made it official, when we got engaged and soon when we are married (which happens to be the same date as when we got engaged...just to keep things simple )

Met: November 19, 2010
          Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
          Made it official: April 29, 2011
          Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
          Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
          Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
          K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
          Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
          Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

hmm it's difficult... I know the day we met again,cause we already "knew" eachother..but I deffinetely remember the day we kissed for the first time and turned our friendship to more.. I remembered him other than that we don't have any annieversaries. not even when we made it official cause when I left we didn't really figure out what we were..but we time we saw that this what we have is too important to give up.. so no we don't have a day that we celebrate- but still I will always remember the one we had our first kiss that changed everything

Comment

I always ask him details of those moments we shared. I have a horrible memory but his is impeccable. So I always ask him to tell me the story of our first kiss or our first day together and he tells it as if he's never told it to me enough times already. Love it!

Met: November 19, 2010
              Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
              Made it official: April 29, 2011
              Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
              Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
              Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
              K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
              Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
              Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

We only really celebrate our yearly dating anniversary, after the basic 1 month and 6 months we've just been celebrating the year mark. We don't really have any other special anniversary to celebrate really, although when we close the distance I'll probably want to celebrate that.

Notes:
                Met: 8.17.09
                Started Dating: 8.20.09
                First Met: 10.2.10
                Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I like to acknowledge the day we got together. He isnt really big on dates. He said the only date that will really be important to him is the day we get married (next month!), oh and my birthday (also next month!). He isnt big on celebrating anything else although he tries with christmas, easter etc. The dates i find important he'll make an effort.

Comment

I personally will probably celebrate the day we met in person, the day we first kissed, and the day we became official (all within about a week of each other). And I know it was so wonderful that we both got to "celebrate" our 1-year since we met online when he visited last month. It was so amazing to actually be together exactly one year later
                    Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Comment

Since we knew each other (and were best friends) long before we started dating, we only really keep track of the day we started dating. Today is five months.

Comment

Just the date we 'officially' got together, September 5. We used to acknowledge monthaversaries for the first 6 months or so, but then we both just started forgetting about them lol. We acknowledge Valentines Day but don't really make anything big for it, maybe a card.

For the anniversary though we give each other presents. I gave him a book, he sent me flowers and chocolates.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Since we knew each other for years beforehand, we really only celebrate our anniversary, which is also my birthday... so hey, easy to remember for him! We didn't officially get together until January 19th, but who am I to argue him wanting to honor the unofficial date instead?

Comment

Only the official anniversary for us of 6/26; but in my mind I always keep track of January 3, 1998. It's a pretty significant date in our history together

Comment

We really only keep track of our anniversary, but this thread makes me want us to celebrate next year, on June 24th, when I have been in Wisconsin for a year. Our 14th month anniversary is on July 11th, but what makes it so special is that it's our first anniversary we will get to celebrate together, in person.
                              candi ❤ austin
                              ღ5.11.2011ღ
                              ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
                              ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
                              ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
                              ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
                              [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X