Do you do this on Skype....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you do this on Skype....

Do you just do your normal tasks like chat on facebook, watch tv, and other stuff without talking to your SO at times for maybe about 15 mins. but sometimes just talk to him and just have your SO on skype knowing that you just want to feel their presence cause I know I do can you relate with a sista

Yes Sometimes I ask just to see him while he's busy studying for exams. It makes me feel better knowing that that connection is open and I can see and hear him and vice versa, even though we aren't communicating.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

We do that sometimes. It's nice to be able to "be there" and just to spend time with him. I don't think that Skype has to be filled with talking all the time. Sometimes it's nice to just know he's there, and if I have something to say, he's there to listen.
      "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
      Made it official: September 17, 2010
      Got engaged: January 15, 2012
      Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
      Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
      Got married: November 21, 2012
      Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
      Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

We do that all the time! Sometimes I am doing homework and he does something else for the time being. Usually we are playing games together when we are on Skype while we talk.

Comment

We do that a lot. We did it at my grandma's house and my Aunt called us boring. They don't understand. If he were here, we'd be doing the same thing, just in person. And if it doesn't cost anything, I don't see the problem

But no, you're not alone
          My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
          It's just me and you
          Put the pedal to the metal
          Baby, turn the radio on
          We can run to the far side of nowhere
          We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

Our Skype time is somewhat limited so most of the time when we're on it we talk for the whole while. However sometimes I'd go fix my dinner or he'd go shower or something and we'd leave it on. Not sure if that answers the original question. I mean if I'm on Skype with him, not talking to him and checking facebook instead, it usually means I'm mad at him :P
            I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

From time to time my SO will cook dinner or practice guitar during a call. I don't mind, I'm happy just to see him. I can't concentrate on anything other than the conversation when the webcam is on though - I'd be too conscious of the fact my SO is watching me to do other things

Comment

I'm doing that right now!

Comment

we sure do! i've seen him shaving, playing guitar, chilling w his friends. we have also fall asleep together while on skype

Comment

Yep we do that sometimes. Its nice to just see them and feel there presence even though they aren't physically there. (:

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

This really made me feel better, you guys. I'm (we're) new to this long-distance thing, and I've been stressing out over our Skype conversations because there will be a lot of pauses, and then I start to feel rude when I get on Facebook. But...you guys are completely right. We definitely do not talk all the time when we're together, it's more about a "presence".

Comment

Me and my SO do this too, we'd both be doing other things for about half hour, then we will chat for a while, and then do it again. Sometimes we just talk though, or play games on our PS3's together Its just nice to know they're there and can hear and see you and vice versa, i hate it when i know he is online but cant skype for whatever reason.

Comment

we've done this once when i was finishing my homework while skype was connected. He was watching a movie on his end and he was watching me study. even though there were much communication it still felt good feeling the presence of the other person being there, even if it's virtually.

Comment

Yup. Happens all the time

Comment

I think I will start doing this hehe, usually I am the one doing most of the talking over the phone and such, which I was not used to at first because my ex before her usually talked and talked and talked. So some times I run out of things to discuss and we sort of drift into that awkward "hmmm" "welllll" "anyway...." kind of moments. This is helpful to know that there doesn't have to be constant discussion happening...
                              First met online: October 15th, 2011
                              First met in-person: July 13th, 2012

Next meeting: September 21st, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X