Miss communication... Wouldnt mind an opinion on it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss communication... Wouldnt mind an opinion on it

Hey, so Ill make this short. I was talking to my SO last night and I teased her just before I was going to sleep. I said something like "imma sleepz, not that you care or nething". Lol. Obviously not like that and typed more seriously apparently. She took what I said like I actually meant she didnt care. So it became a "I didnt mean it like that" and she was all hurt and sad. She said she didnt want to talk on skype and just wanted to lay on her bed. I called her but she didnt pick up. I sent her a hand full of messages today, but she hasn't replied. Its been the entire day and I havent heard back from her. Any advice on this? Im trying to give her space, but I end up just sending her another message to check on her. She said "dont worry about it, its ok." last night... thats not enough though. I need to talk to her.

Its driving me mad, please say something calming. Thanks. xD

I'm not sure I get why people kid around in a way that can be taken wrongly/sarcastically. I try to make my sarcasm online as obvious as possible, but if I use it anywhere, it's typically over the phone/in person when he's able to hear my tone, simply because it's so easily miscommunicated.

My guess would be she needs some time to process through it. Sometimes people take a day to calm down. Back off, you've sent your messages, so let her come to you when she decides to. *shrugs* And I would maybe refrain from making comments like that one in the future. Most of the time, especially through text, they aren't communicated well, the joke is easily missed, and sometimes they're just plain hurtful or cause issues where there needn't be.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

Yeah, I usually dont kid around like that. I didnt really think about what I was saying. But thanks for pointing that out, I didnt realize how easily it could be misread. I'll just try and back off until she messages me, like you said. Its just so hard when you are use to talking to them throughout the day. Just not knowing how she actually feels right now is killing me.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

There were many times when we were LD that I put on a brave face even if I was crumbling inside. It's possible she took it the wrong way simply because she was not in three frame of mind to joke around that night. Let her know you care and are worried and let her mood settle and I'm sure she will be fine.
        Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
        Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
        Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
        Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
        Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

Thanks. I let her know I care and was worried yesterday. It just sucks right now. Hopefully she settles soon. Its been over a day and its killing me. xP

Comment

Working...
          X