Eeek! I Leave Tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eeek! I Leave Tomorrow!

Well, I never imagined I'd be able to do everything on my to-do list today (morning swim, hair appointment, flea treating the house [again], laundering the sheets, laundering all the clothes, going to the store to buy ingredients to mix my rat's food and buy the boy some candy, packing what I wasn't able to yesterday which happened to be mostly everything, going out and buying last minute necessities, in addition to getting everything done at home that needed to get done), but I did it!

I'm SO nervous but it's mostly excitement and anticipation more than anything. I leave at 5:30am for the airport, won't be departing until 10:45am, and then I arrive in Dublin at 8:15am Tuesday and hopefully in his arms shortly thereafter! Here's to hoping I have smooth travels! Despite it being bittersweet (my mother's having a hard time with my leaving, and my rat's health is not faring well), there are no words for how thrilled I am to be running into my SO's arms again and getting to spend almost a whole two months with him. It's the longest time we'll have spent together in person and I honestly cannot wait for it. I am so over the excitement of the countdown and ready to be there already!

So, LFAD, I may pop on every now and again, but I probably won't be around much for the next couple months. I shall miss all of you while I'm gone! Maybe I'll hop on at some point to let everyone know how it's going. I really am terrifically excited for this. It feels like meeting and seeing him for the first time all over again. After everything that happened after our first visit? I couldn't possibly tell you how much this means, but there are days I honestly don't think I could have gotten through if it weren't for a lot of members here on LFAD. Thank you all so much for the support over the past several months. It's really nice to feel like a giddy school girl again, and I don't think I'd have gotten here as strongly and confidently as I did without your support of me and my SO.

I love you, LFAD.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Yay! So excited for you!!!!!

Have a great trip!!!

Comment

oooo exiting!

have a safe journey, a wonderful time with your SO and I'll miss your wise words here.

Be happy!
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

I'm so excited for you!! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time and you'll be missed here. Save travels and keep us up to date

Comment

How exciting! Safe travels, have a wonderful time with your SO, and enjoy Ireland for me! (yeah I'm just a little jealous there...)

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Yay, so exciting!!! Have a blast!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Travel safe and have an awesome trip, I'm so happy for you And jealous... Dublin!! Eeee. Hahaha.
              Best wishes. Can't wait to hear all about it.
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Have a safe journey and i hope you have a wonderful time!

Comment

Have a safe trip and a great time
                  I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

YAY! Stay safe and have a wonderful time!

Comment

Whee! I hope you have a fantastic time. Make a million and one memories (and take an equal number of photos!)

Comment

Have a great trip! I'm sure it will be a wonderful two months for the both of you. We'll miss you around here, but wouldn't have it any other way. I hope it's a perfect trip.

On another note, I really hope your rat gets to feeling better. The only bad thing about having rats is that they just don't live very long, and they are susceptible to so many health problems. I am not looking forward to the day when my girls have trouble. They are such perfect little pets....
                        Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
                        Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
                        Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
                        LD again: July 24, 2012
                        Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
                        Married: November 1, 2014
                        Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

Exciting! Have a good trip

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Woah i got so excited reading this, have a nice trip and enjoy every hour, minute and second of it . And personally i dont know much about rats but i hope he or she gets better as well.

Comment

TWO MONTHS

So excited for you, hope you have a wooonderful time and it's awesome that you get to spend that long together

You better come back though to update us at some point (with pictures) ;P

Comment

Working...
                              X