Awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome!

o.o Actually theres nothing really awesome about this thread. ITS A TRAP!

No but seriously Im pretty sure we broke. I say pretty sure because this was happened. The main excuse I was accepting about not having our first yet was because my city has one of the most expensive airfare rates in the US but then I discovered MegaBus. (we were one month shy of a 2 year anniversary btw)

--> Mega Bus is a really good option if you're strapped for cash. You can get a rountrip ticket for 2 bucks and 50 cents. 1 dollar going and 1 dollar coming back and 50 cents processing fee (I figure maybe something good could come out of this for somebody else right?) <----

So he agreed that he would pick me up from the megabus stop and we'd have a whole week before school started back for both of us. At this time I was super excited, booked the tickets, put in for my vacation days and was freaking out over what kind of matching underwear to buy or if I should buy them at all.

And then ... I just got totally blindsighted. Suddenly he was saying well Im dealing with a lot of "family stuff" right now and Im feeling over burdened .... keep in mind this is like 2 or 3 weeks later. So I said okay. I was terribly disappointed but I accepted it again like I always do but then i asked if you ever really plan to have a visit and he got all moody and what not.
    To make a long story shorter he asked could we just be friends. I said no. Im not the kind of person that can be friends with an ex. I have to cut you off completely and probably spend a little time hating you so I can move on so I told him that and suddenly he's like "oh wait! Forget what I said! I dont want to lose you" .... so like a idiot I stayed for a week later but then I started noticing that when he stopped sending me his usual mushie texts and the like the one time we spoke on the phone afterwards he didn't say I love you like he used to so I let it ride for a few more days and finally I called him on it and he was like "I want to be friends." So I told him I had no intention of being his friends so if thats the way he wants it we can say goodbye now and this douche bag tries to make me feel guilty saying "You know Im having a hard time, you want me to be alone?! You know I love you so much and blah blah" .... Im tired of being put, not on the back burner, but on the shelf and then taken down only when he needs something"

Now before you call me a bish or something his terms of still "being together" are you just be around when I need someone to talk but I can't return the favor because Im just so busy.

I think Im a pretty supportive person but if you can't tell me what exactly the problem is how I can support you. So I sent him a long text saying exactly how I felt and Im not going to be his friend
    his reply was "...."
    I already deleted all his pics and contact info out of my phone and everything and I dont know how to take "..." so Im assuming we're done. This has been going on for a few days and everytime I get calm with no longer being with him he calls or texts. I can deal with anger better than sadness so Im trying to channel my regret into anger. Im just really pissed that I went through all that trouble letting him in and making decisions under the assumption he was the end for me now I have to go back and undo some of the choices I made on his behalf ... awesome
    But atleast you know about the megabus if you didnt before :P

Don't reply to the texts he sends you. He isn't worth your time. If he can't make up his mind, make it up for him and say goodbye for good. LDR's (or any relationship) shouldn't be this wishy-washy type of thing where you don't know what he's going to say or do next. You need to be able to rely on your partner, and he just can't offer you that.

Comment

If you're done with him, you're done with him, and tell him to stop contacting you. If he ignores your wishes, you can block him. I can't be friends with exes either. I had one who insisted on being friends and continuing to talk to me after he left me for someone else until I told him to leave me the hell alone. Even then, on very rare occasions he will leave me a message telling me he misses me or something, and I just ignore them now. His loss.
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

my rational side came to the same conclusion. I just wish I could punch my emotional sappy side in the throat so it would be quiet

>.>
        I dont have multiple personality disorder by the way but thats how I feel XD
        As long as Im doing something Im fine.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

I deleted him out of everything else I just wish I could delete him out of recent text listing. Thats the only stupid thing about my phone

Comment

I'm sorry for what you're going through. I'm familiar with the sappy emotional side you're talking about, and with needing to be angry/hate the guy in order to move on. You need to be firm with him and tell him to piss off and stop contacting you. It's very selfish of him.

Feel better soon.
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I agree with other posters. I'm friends with some exes and others are in the no go zone. I'd block contact and not reply to messages. Hang in there (hugs).

Comment

I think you're doing pretty well here, to be honest. You've already deleted him, you know being friends won't work for you, you know he's being a complete douche, so now you just have to do one more thing. You know what it is, and it's hard, but you'll be fine. Who cares if he's pissed 'cause you won't be his friend? That's his problem now. Just do not let him guilt trip you like that, there's NO reason for you to feel bad, he's the one who brought it on. How can he possibly be serious about you if, when given the chance, he won't (finally) meet you? You deserve someone who prioritizes you enough to at least show up at the bus station, y'know? This guy's not worth your time, sorry hun.
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I had a similar problem with an ex a while ago (not a LDR) we were only together 3 months though so it's not like it was this huge, amazing love story although I really did like him (not really sure why now) Anyway, out of the blue he dumped me, he also used the "I think we should be friends" line and I (stupidly) agreed. A few days later I had a seisure (I'm epileptic) it was pretty bad and I was in hospital for about 5 days, he didn't contact me once... great job at being friends. Once I got out, he started contacting me (still never with a "I'm sorry you went through the whole seisure thing") and he only contacted me when he was feeling down (he struggled with depression) and I supported and listened to him every time. A few months after we broke up, I sort of started casually seeing someone else, the next day he told me he wanted me back and stupidly I agreed, broke it off with the guy I had sort of started seeing and went back to him. Two days later, I got the friend talk again. I finally realilsed that he didn't want me, he just didn't want anyone else to have me, he wanted to, like you said, keep me on the shelf just in case and would keep "taking me back" whenever I got close to moving on with someone else. I told him that was completely unfair and that I wasn't going to be that girl. Best thing I ever did. I now have Luc and we will become CD in 23 days and I am happier then ever.

I'm so sorry you're going through this, it sucks. Tell him exactly what you're thinking, he is being unfair to you, keeping you around for when he needs something and I would block contact because I think that there is the possibility that he would probably do the same as my ex did, try and keep you from moving on, just in case. Once again, I'm so sorry this is happening to you, it is so unfair and I hope that you do what is right for you and find someone that treats you amazing. PM if you even need to talk.

Comment

Im trying as best I can to keep my spirits up. I just hate that Im upset. Thanks for you guys' support through everything though :3
                  I can't wait til a few months or so passes by and I feel normal again XD

Comment

Working...
                  X