Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help ! it's over and less than 3 months untill we close the distance - devastated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ! it's over and less than 3 months untill we close the distance - devastated

well we are at our 1 year mark and it is over. I was moving at the end of October - so close - I'm so sad. i didn't feel like I had any choice but to end it. The relationship was completely one sided and I was doing all the work and planning and he was not contributing anything. i have made the 3000 mile journey 6 times to see him and stayed around 12 days each time, he came to see me once for 4 days.

I am renovating my entire house so i can rent it out when i move and i am doing all the work myself. i don't make a lot of money and I have a son that is almost 18. All i ask of him was to plan on visiting me this summer for a week to help me get things together and I ask him to contribute a little financially since I am the one having to do everything so we can be together. i have been telling him for 4 months to plan a visit but he just wouldn't. Now he says he has no money and can't come see me for another 3 or 4 months, I'll be living in California with him by then. He promised me help and he promised me a visit and he is not making good on any of that.

The worst part is i ask him if this event he goes to every year was in my town tomorrow would he be at that. he said oh yes i would put that on my credit card (I'm not going into detail here because of who he is, can't explain anymore than that). the long and the short of it is the event is sort of for his job but mostly is for his fun. It is not something that would end his career if he didn't go. I'm so hurt that a party comes before me. After all i have done for him - including dropping my whole life to fly to california for 4 days because he was having a little baby fit pity party drama meltdown. he said he needed me and I made it happen. I'm not asking that much.

He says he is sorry that he did not plan better and he did not make me a priority but there is nothing he can do about it now. When i was low on money i sold old jewelry at a cash for gold place and have sold cd's and dvd's to get money to see him. i made it happen, i don't think it is asking too much for him to make it happen as well. He social life has not suffered any as i see pictures on his facebook which I have now deleted him from because it hurts too much to see it.

i guess it is what it is but i'm so sad. I am so in love with him and he says he is in love with me. I just don't see how I can stay if he admits he did not make me a priority, even though he is sorry about it now. I really would just like some support from others who understand. I would do so much to keep us together and I just can't believe it's over.

I'm really sorry to hear this. It sounds as though he wanted the relationship only if he didn't have to contribute anything, and it was all given to him freely, and that's no fun to be stuck in. Oftentimes love just isn't enough, you need both partners willing to contribute and compromise, and quite frankly, he sounds like a hell of a selfish guy. Maybe it's better you found this out now, before turning your life upside down by moving, although I know that doesn't help much with the hurt you're feeling. Stay strong and keep busy, it sounds like you did the right thing here. There's someone out there who will make you a priority, he just wasn't it. Good luck.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. It's never easy but it sounds like you had some warning signs well in advance. Its never fun to be less than someones priority in a relationship and to have spent all that money and all that time. Eesh..

You said you were moving 6000 miles to be with him in California? So that puts you somewhere international? There would also have been visas and A LOT of paperwork to be done to get you here legally and it's gotten very expensive.

At least you found out ahead of time and saved yourself further heartache. When my SO and I got together, I did all the traveling mainly because I had the job and income to do it. At the time he was looking for work so had no money. By the time I moved a short 4 months later tho (and only 800 miles) he was working and has been working right along with me every step of the way since. For someone to have a job and claim to not be able to come up with the funds to travel, that just tells me that he was making you an option and not a priority. Every person deserves more from a relationship than that. When you love someone, you make things happen just like you have been doing.

Stay strong. There is someone out there that will work with you and not make you carry the entire burden. Warning bells going off in your head need to be listened to because, and this coming from someone who ignored those signs and got burned, hurting now because you broke it off is nothing compared to spending years with someone trying to make a relationship and it being totally one sided.

So sorry sweety. My thoughts are with you. Stay busy, give yourself some distance and if he truly loves you he will open his eyes and realize what he lost. If he doesn't, then he doesn't deserve you.
      Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
      Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
      Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
      Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
      Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

Very sorry to hear this It's definitely not a fun feeling knowing that you're the only one putting in any effort to make things work. As LeilaniJoi mentioned, it sounds like there were some warning signs, but I think it's good you made the decision you did. Making the move first and then finding all this out would be a lot harder than dealing with it now.

Just remember that, although is seems like it's over, it doesn't have to be 'the end.' Maybe this will be a wake up call to him and he will make you a priority.
        First met online: October 15th, 2011
        First met in-person: July 13th, 2012

Next meeting: September 21st, 2012

Comment

Working...
        X