Got this in my inbox..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this in my inbox..

Good thing I MODERATE my blog comments because a person from my past that I chatted with on a chat program ages ago got a hold of my blog address and left this comment and when I read it I started crying my eyes out.

You don't have a boyfriend for the simple fact you haven't been on any dates. This means you're not dating.

I am too dating.. Ever heard of LONG DISTANCE IDIOT?

People are ridiculous... It's a relationship! Relationships have emotional attachments. Physical proximity means nothing if there's no emotional attachment. If they don't understand that then they are going to be very lonely. Plus if you want to work within her logic we have dates. Phone dates, skype dates, etc. We meet at a designated place and do a designated thing and a designated time.

Everyone here has your back on this though

Comment

Originally posted by TerriW312 View Post
      People are ridiculous... It's a relationship! Relationships have emotional attachments. Physical proximity means nothing if there's no emotional attachment. If they don't understand that then they are going to be very lonely. Plus if you want to work within her logic we have dates. Phone dates, skype dates, etc. We meet at a designated place and do a designated thing and a designated time.

Thanks hun, That made me feel better.. and I know that we have dates and all till we have ACTUAL dates. And the whole,"Everyone here has your back on this though " thing cheered me up.

Comment

No problem Everyone here knows what a long distance relationship feels like and honestly the person who commented on your thing just seemed to be deliberately trying to hurt you. So don't let them succeed We have this wonderful website full of wonderful people who know exactly what you're going through. And I find that long distance relationships progress further emotionally (initially anyways) than CD because there isn't the physical distractions and the freedom of talking about deeply personal things without having the vulnerability of being face to face. And a relationship without the emotions is a friends-with-benefits / booty call thing. So she can say LDR's aren't real but we all know differently

Comment

No problem Everyone here knows what a long distance relationship feels like and honestly the person who commented on your thing just seemed to be deliberately trying to hurt you. So don't let them succeed We have this wonderful website full of wonderful people who know exactly what you're going through. And I find that long distance relationships progress further emotionally (initially anyways) than CD because there isn't the physical distractions and the freedom of talking about deeply personal things without having the vulnerability of being face to face. And a relationship without the emotions is a friends-with-benefits / booty call thing. So she can say LDR's aren't real but we all know differently
          You're so sweet, Thank you so very much -hug-

Comment

Not a problem

Comment

i totally agree with what yo're saying! some people don't understand the concept of a relationship.

Comment

Thanks, it just really annoys me when people think things like that. I have had absolutely terrible relationships that were CD and in the eyes of people like that this relationship is less real because I'm moving far away for school. It's just infuriating.

Comment

Thanks, it just really annoys me when people think things like that. I have had absolutely terrible relationships that were CD and in the eyes of people like that this relationship is less real because I'm moving far away for school. It's just infuriating.
                  I 2nd that! I stop caring about what people think of my LDR because I feel those who judge aren't strong enough to maintain a LDR. They don't know how to cherish their SO because of the close proximity and as you've mentioned, even if they are able to see on a daily basis there might be a lack of attachment. It isn't about the amout of time spent, it's about the quality of time spent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jgui View Post
                    It isn't about the amout of time spent, it's about the quality of time spent.
                    Exactly! couldn't have said it any better

Comment

You're going to get a lot of that, being in an LDR. People don't understand these type of relationships, so you can't care what they think or say, you need to grow a thicker skin or it will make you nuts. You know you're in a real relationship, so why do you care about some blog comment on the internet? Your relationship is only just beginning, you need to get used to people saying these kind of things to you because it's most likely going to keep happening, you can't be sensitive about it, you just have to trust in the relationship you have and let others worry about their own situations. Be strong and don't let people's unwanted opinions bother you so much.
                      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                        You're going to get a lot of that, being in an LDR. People don't understand these type of relationships, so you can't care what they think or say, you need to grow a thicker skin or it will make you nuts. You know you're in a real relationship, so why do you care about some blog comment on the internet? Your relationship is only just beginning, you need to get used to people saying these kind of things to you because it's most likely going to keep happening, you can't be sensitive about it, you just have to trust in the relationship you have and let others worry about their own situations. Be strong and don't let people's unwanted opinions bother you so much.
                        I agree with this. No one's saying you have to build so tough a skin that nothing ever bothers you, but the fact of the matter is, some people aren't going to get it, and you have to learn to live with their commentary. The more upset you get, the more likely people are to take those stabs to begin with, too. The best thing you can do for yourself is learn not to care what other people think about your relationship, because your relationship is between you and him, and therefore, your opinions are the only ones that should really matter.
                        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                        Met online: February 2009
                        Feelings confessed: December 2010
                        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                        to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
                          I agree with this. No one's saying you have to build so tough a skin that nothing ever bothers you, but the fact of the matter is, some people aren't going to get it, and you have to learn to live with their commentary. The more upset you get, the more likely people are to take those stabs to begin with, too. The best thing you can do for yourself is learn not to care what other people think about your relationship, because your relationship is between you and him, and therefore, your opinions are the only ones that should really matter.
                          Ditto to what everyone has said!
                          First met online: October 15th, 2011
                          First met in-person: July 13th, 2012

Next meeting: September 21st, 2012

Comment

I totally hear ya! None of my friends really take my relationship seriously. It is just annoying. Just because he's not here doesn't mean he's not real. I had a guy hitting on me at the beach a few weeks ago. He asked me if I was single I told him no and he was asking me if I was happy in my relationship and a bunch of other questions. When I told him it was long distance he was like "that's not a real relationship let me take you out on a date and if you have fun you can dump him" at that point I was like "screw you and have a nice day." People irritate me sometimes.

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

Working...
                            X