No announcement yet.

Taking a break vs. break up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really only commenting because of one thing that you mentioned in your reply. You said that your...SO(ex SO?) said he doesn't see you as his wife. I had to comment on this because my SO said that once actually somewhat recently, maybe like 6 months ago. That doesn't mean he doesn't love you. Most likely he's just afraid of committing and getting hurt, or in my SO's case afraid of the very thought of marriage because he has a constant feeling that he can never support me and give me the life that he thinks I deserve. It could be that your SO is not ready to see you as his wife because he's not quite at that point of maturity where he's ready to step up to the plate and get s*** done. I'm not saying this in a derogatory way at all. A lot of guys are like this. This "break" may be what he needs to realize that you're not going to be here forever and just because he might be comfortable with where his life is right now, doesn't mean life stops. Guys sometimes have this weird way of living in the present and not planning ahead (like a dog ).

Just something to think about. I know I was absolutely hear broken when my SO told me that, so I guess I'm trying to shed a little light on what COULD be going through his head. As for the contact no contact, I would call since there's no set rules. I guess all of this really depends on how long y'all were together. And ultimately, it's up to you to decide if you want to wait for him to be ready to "see you as his future wife" or leave. My SO said that half a year ago and we were dating at that time for more than 4 years so needless to say that came to me as a shock, even though we both fully knew and were ok with the fact that we will be getting married someday. He was comfortable with where his life was and didn't want to care about the future. A few months late, I'd say about 4 months ago he realized that he doesn't want to struggle for money and he wants me to live comfortably and happy and he wants to be able to support me, so he made the choice to join the military. Sometimes guys need a bit of a wake up call, but you are not obligated to wait around for that to happen.

Sorry for the long response, I'll shut up now
    Last edited by ushiwakafox; August 16, 2012, 12:16 AM.
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Once again, thank you all for your replies.

I did call him yesterday, felt like the right thing to do. He sounded happy that I did.

Ah well, I guess I'll have to wait now till he comes back, hoping that we will finally decide what to do, what we feel for each other and what we really want.

(judging from past experience I'd fall straight in his arms but should really do my best not to )

Comment

Working...
      X