Some people just don't appreciate the beauty of a relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people just don't appreciate the beauty of a relationship

So this morning I changed my timeline cover on my Facebook to the one linked below (I made it by the way) and one of my friends commented on it with,"I think I just threw up in my mouth a little" The so called friend doesn't want a relationship so he can't appreciate the beauty that is a relationship.. or the happiness of one either.

To be fair, it's a matter of personal preference (for example, my SO and I don't get gushy on each other on FB and don't care much for when others do it, either) and you shouldn't let it get to you. I have had people on here poke at me saying something's so sweet they could puke/they threw up a little, and I giggle, take it for a laugh, and move on. If you let every little thing that someone says get to you, whether it's necessary or isn't, you're going to end up welcoming a lot of unnecessary negativity.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
      To be fair, it's a matter of personal preference (for example, my SO and I don't get gushy on each other on FB and don't care much for when others do it, either) and you shouldn't let it get to you. I have had people on here poke at me saying something's so sweet they could puke/they threw up a little, and I giggle, take it for a laugh, and move on. If you let every little thing that someone says get to you, whether it's necessary or isn't, you're going to end up welcoming a lot of unnecessary negativity.
      Yeah, I suppose that you're right hun.. It's just this so called friend has been doing this since the start of my relationship and he's been stand-offish to me also.. We used to like each other before I got into my relationship and if he wants to be a friend then he should respect me.

Comment

Originally posted by xoPinkMargarita View Post
        Yeah, I suppose that you're right hun.. It's just this so called friend has been doing this since the start of my relationship and he's been stand-offish to me also.. We used to like each other before I got into my relationship and if he wants to be a friend then he should respect me.
        Maybe he still has feelings for you? It's possible if he still has feelings or has any resentment over the way things happened (I'm not sure what the circumstances are, but I'd be hurt if my SO got into a relationship with someone else while having feelings for him and thinking he liked me), he could be taking it out on you/your relationship. He may not even be doing it consciously, but my opinion is restrict him from as many relationship-type updates as possible, or directly confront him about it. I would say it's sometimes hard for someone to respect your friendship, however, if they're having a difficult time coping with the friendship to begin with. :/
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
          Maybe he still has feelings for you? It's possible if he still has feelings or has any resentment over the way things happened (I'm not sure what the circumstances are, but I'd be hurt if my SO got into a relationship with someone else while having feelings for him and thinking he liked me), he could be taking it out on you/your relationship. He may not even be doing it consciously, but my opinion is restrict him from as many relationship-type updates as possible, or directly confront him about it. I would say it's sometimes hard for someone to respect your friendship, however, if they're having a difficult time coping with the friendship to begin with. :/
          Yeah, I'll just restrict him from seeing my relationship posts.. I do have a Relationship Group on Facebook I started so I don't have as many relationship status as I did in the past. I also just try and not talk to him.. but when he does stuff like this.. it just makes me mad.

Comment

Oh my word...it's JUST Facebook! :\

Met: November 19, 2010
            Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
            Made it official: April 29, 2011
            Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
            Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
            Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
            K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
            Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
            Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

Facebook does have a block button >.>
              Made it official: 12-01-10
              First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
              Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

I'm not gunna lie, I roll my eyes and couples that are overly gushy on facebook. It's like HEY we get it, you love each other, just stop shoving it down my throat.

Just Block him and you won't have that problem
                "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I threw up in my mouth a little too. But hey, that's ok! Other people's love is sickening, I'm pretty sure that's a natural law. I'm also sure Obi and I have made some people sick in our time!
                  Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

my girlfriend and i post stuff on each others pages on facebook...lovey dovey stuff...lol...and i get comments on my page from my bandmates and friends...kinda razzin me...and i used to let it get to me...as did she...but we both talked about it...and decided that we don't really care what others think...if it's right for us...and what we want...doesn't matter what anyone else has to think...so we just ignore them now...

Comment

Working...
                    X