Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long have you been in an LDR? ( discussion )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long have you been in an LDR? ( discussion )

How long have you been in your current LDR?

Mine has now been a year, I'm looking into hopefully closing the distance come October/November

I'm in a situation where mine may ( I say may because things pop up unexpectedly and you never know if it will end up longer than planned or not ) not be as long as others.

I think the longest I've heard of on this site was four years. ( props to anyone that's been LDR for that long!!!! )

How long would you personally feel is too long?
    " There is always hope.
    "

I was in an LDR for a few days more than 3 years with the exception of one semester in which he was home. So... 2.5 years, I guess is more accurate? We closed the distance last month and it was a long time coming.
    ETA: i considered going to another college and at the end of that, we would have been LDR for about 7 years. I think that is too long. For us, at least.

Comment

I've been in my first (and only) LDR for about a year and a month now, but looking to close the distance sometime in July/August/September next year Actually it's my first relationship ever, so I have no idea how I ended up in one, but here we are!

Met online: February 2011
      Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

We're looking at 5 years of long-distance at the moment, maybe longer. Personally, I'm not sure I could do any more than 7, but we'll see what happens. We've been long-distance for a year and a half.
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

the duration of our LD relationship was 1 year and 8 months i have known him for 3.5 years, and our friendship and the relationship was all long distance.

Comment

We started talking in December of last year and got together officially in April. So the whole process has been about 9 months but together for about 5. I already have a good job where I am so he is hoping to get a job near me after grad school, which might be about 1 1/2 to 2 years. We will be fine.

Comment

We've been in a relationship (started LD) for three years and almost eight months. No definite date as to when we will close the distance but I suppose I can reasonably say it will be sometime during the summer of 2013, so we will have been LD for four years and a half. It honestly doesn't seem like that much to me, and if circumstance dictate that we should remain in an LDR for a year more than that, I would not be overly devastated (provided that we can still see each other every three or four months).
              I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I was in an LDR for 9 months, which is pretty minimal compared with most people on this site. For me personally, I probably wouldn't do anything more than 1.5/2 years. If I was in a relationship where we were looking at more than 2 years of long distance, I would probably end it or find a way to close the distance. I hope no one gets offended, I am not judging anyone's LDR, I am just saying that I personally wouldn't do it for that long.

Comment

We met (LD) in April 2010. We broke up in April 2012 because he refused to even brainstorm solutions on how we could close the distance. We got back together unofficially in July 2012, but officially in August 2012... And now that we are talking about closing the distance, it looks like it will be another 3 years or so (I want him to have his US Citizenship first, so he could get dual citizenship, instead of throwing away his green card and need to get a visa whenever he visits his family)... but we are hoping for some much longer visits starting in 2013... So I have been in about 2 years, and we will probably be going 5-6 years... (but if we can get work situations in our favor, he could stay with me up to 6 months out of every year, until then...)
                  First met online: June, 2010
                  First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                  Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                  Third visit together: August, 2012
                  Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                  Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                  Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                  Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

We've been LD for 2 years now, and at least 3 more remain. I don't think either of us could face more than 7 years apart.

Comment

3+ years for me, with probably at least that much to go, thanks to life, work, and other responsibilities We're both OK with that, and having been married twice, I'm in no rush, what we have is worth waiting for. I don't mind waiting until the time is right, no matter how long it takes.
                      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

We've been ld for 10 months now and hopefully only another 10 to go, depending on circumstances. At the beginning it was daunting and didn't think I could make it but hey, here we are and I feel stronger and happier than ever

Comment

4 months, 8 days and counting for us. It's strange, it feels like no time but also a long time too. We've already overcome a fair share of things to get this far and looking back to conversations from the first month, or remembering certain random convo's we've had that seem to stick out remind me how far we've come and that we've covered a lot of ground in that time. So it seems a long time for that reason, but it seems like no time because i've honestly never been happier in my life as I have been over these past 4 months.

Got a ways to go, but I believe as long as she's willing to stick it out and be patient for me, then we'll come good!

Comment

We've been LD for about a year now (with a few times together when we're both home and some visits) but we won't be permanently closing the distance until we graduate college in 2015, so we'll be long distance for about four years: three more to go!

Comment

Too long!
                              2 years and 4 months.

Comment

Working...
                              X