Missing him :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing him :(

For the past week I've been really sick and missing him is just making it worse. When he's sick I always feel so helpless because I can't take care of him and hes told me that when i'm sick like this he feels the same.

Are there any "special" times when you miss your SO the most?
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

I know this feeling exactly... my SO just found out she has an inflamed optic nerve which is causing terrible migraines... I'd do anything to be there and look after her but I'm stuck here for another... 47 days.

Comment

I know the exact feeling as well Right now my SO is down with a terrible cold combined with allergies, and I just feel so helpless sitting there and just watching him feeling awful, which makes me feel even more awful too... Not being able to hug him, but instead have to send virtual hugs or smileys, which is so far from what I'd actually like to do <3 I guess the best thing we can do is to just try and be there for them anyway, maybe send them a care-package if you're able to, with sweets or whatever else might cheer your SO up!

Met online: February 2011
      Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

That helpless feeling is the worst! Both SO and I are having a really tough time with things lately, and it seems like we could tackle it all so much easier if we were together! But we do what we can...
        First met online: June, 2010
        First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
        Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Third visit together: August, 2012
        Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
        Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
        Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

i know how you feel, I am going through hard times with family, even though they live miles awa from me, and My SO has collage starting soon, and even though we live near, i cant tell him how annoyed, sad i am about my family :/
          its hard. i wish your bf gets well soon

Comment

Being helpless sucks. When my SO is sick, or if I'm sick, I miss him tons more. Also, if something good really happens and I want to celebrate with him, we can't.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

My SO was sick a few months back for a couple of days. It made him so tired and he really needed to sleep it off. It was so hard wanting to text him or phone him the whole time to tell him how much I was thinking about him and hoping he felt better. But not wanting his phone to wake him at the same time.

Comment

I do whenever my SO is sick, or if it is a monthversary and we cannot be together to celebrate it.

Comment

There are so many times when I find myself missing him. It's hard when you spend almost every day with a person for 9 months, and all of a sudden they aren't there anymore. Nearly everything in my daily life reminds me of him, because not too long ago he was my daily life. Lately when visiting bookstores I'll see a book, and I'll think "Kaleb would like this one," or I'd see the letter "K" somewhere, and I'll have that feeling "he should be here". Silly little things like that. It's a mystery as to how I'm not constantly in tears. I guess I know I'll see him again soon (at least that's what I tell myself) and one day I'll get to see him everyday, and hopefully for the rest of my life.

A particular occasion that is closer to yours is when he was told he wouldn't be playing Varsity football. I knew it broke his heart. I wanted to hug him, I wanted to make him feel better. But I didn't know how over the phone. It broke my heart too.
                  started dating: 12/08/12
                  "i love you": 04/12/13
                  el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
                  montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
                  el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
                  montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
                  el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
                  el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
                  el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
                  san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
                  san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

I really don't like not being there to take care of him. This past month, he found out that the difficulty he's been having in breathing is actually seasonal asthma. So for a while I was really kind of paranoid about him. I just had to trust him to take care of himself and provide as much support as I could from a distance.

Comment

Working...
                    X