I have to share my excitement :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by BlueCat
    Wow, going over for two years straight off the bat, that's a pretty big move. Best of luck to you both.
    ^^^

I'm in an Australia to England LDR and I couldn't imagine doing the 2 year WHV as your first meet, especially seeing as you are the one going to live with him from the get go.

OP, I also see that you are hoping for him to move back with you after your 2 years there, I advise you to start looking into the Australian Partner Visas early on IF that is your plan, partner visas have an average processing time of 5-10 months, and it takes a good while to get everything sorted before you even submit the application. if you guys want to have him fly back to Australia with you once you leave the uk you'll have to get yourselves sorted out pretty quickly, unless you guys are happy for you to go back to Aus on your own for a few months and wait for his visa.

I know that all sounds overwhelming, but its definitely something you should look into sooner rather than later, me and my SO are going through the visa process for him to migrate to Australia from England so we know what you guys will be in for! We are THIS CLOSE to submitting his application, and there is A LOT to go through even up to the submitting application stage!

good luck on your super duper long first meet

^ I don't want I move back to Australia, sorry my post wasn't very clear. We will be staying in Australia (and new Zealand, my home country) for a few months before going back to the UK, hopefully on some kind of partner visa.

Thank you for the heads up on processing times (:

Comment

Congrats and best of luck to you both!

Comment

2 days, 22 hours, 51 minutes, 48 seconds until you land!
        I love you so much Alexi! You're my world, thank you for all that you are doing for us to be together! I really can't wait to spend my life with you. Friday is going to be the best day of my life I know it will be. And I know that I am going to do all I can to make you happy and show you how much I appreciate how truly awesome I think you are! xx

Comment

Kudos to you two for going all in with the first meetup!

Good luck to ya's!

Comment

Here's wishing both of you the best of luck!

Comment

I really gotta say, it takes a lot of balls for such a decision! Enjoy every minute of it!
              Make sure to let us know how it goes!

Comment

Originally posted by SoFarAway View Post
                I really gotta say, it takes a lot of balls for such a decision! Enjoy every minute of it!
                Make sure to let us know how it goes!
                Thank you, I'll definitely be updating every now and then (:

Comment

Working...
                X