Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a person more likely to be in another LDR if they had already been in one before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moon View Post
    I think this kind of depends a lot on the way you manage your social interactions. If you're the type who spends huge chunks of your time doing interactive gaming, chatting on forums, hanging on places like FB, yeah, you're gonna be much more likely to be in another LDR, since that's how you meet people, rather than locally. For me, I do very little of that stuff, I'm in an LDR because we met through work, so while I'd have no problem being in another one, I don't think my chances are that great.
    I'd never thought about it like that but I think there's a lot of truth in it.

Personally I can't imagine being in another LDR, if this one were to fail (hopefully it won't!) I couldn't bring myself to go through it all over again.

Comment

So a few years ago like 6 or 7 i randomly saw a documentary on tv about LDRs in the states and i was thinking to myself.. how can those people put up with the horrible distance? And then it happened to me to fall for a guy i met online, he didn't share my feelings, turns out he had a lot of issues and anyway it never would have worked out. And then i met a guy and we kinda kicked it off really fast but that didn't work out either, he has some growing up to do..and here i am now with my Bram who's got pretty good chances of being the one

My conclusions would be that once you get in the online environment it's so easy to open up to people and for them to open up to you (talking about normal people here, not weirdos and such) and then you really get to know each other. Real life friendships sometimes lack deep communication due to the fact of always having something to do together, but online ones are based on talking. And i'm pretty sure that even the toughest person can find some comfort in someone who they can truly communicate with.
      And when you find that comfort i think the distance doesn't matter anymore.

I think everyone who has been in a LDR before that ended, may think they don't want another, but they;re still spending their time in the online environment so it's bound to meet someone who you will get you all worked up again.

Comment

Working...
      X