When are you closing the distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When are you closing the distance?

Well when I left Oklahoma this summer to come back home, I knew that was where I wanted to live. There was no doubt in my mind that I loved the South, and that was where home was meant to be. The only thing was, we had no idea when closing the distance would happen. It was this scary far thing that seemed like it would never end. But recently things have started to fall into place, and going to a university in Oklahoma has proven to be a possibility. So if all goes well, we'll be closing the distance in just over 2.5 years! It's still a long way to go, but knowing that there's actually a date in mind, and that it's no where near the 6 years it could have been, makes it a little less scary, and really, if you think about it, 2.5 years really isn't that long. It's kind of a great feeling.

So anyway, do you and your partner have a closing the distance date? If not, around when do you think closing the distance would be the most possible?
    started dating: 12/08/12
    "i love you": 04/12/13
    el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
    montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
    el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
    montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
    el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
    el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
    el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
    san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
    san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

I wish I knew :/
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

I should graduate from college May 3rd, 2014 so hopefully right after that!

I say should because I'm skipping a year of college (completing a 4 year degree in 3) so I'm always worried that things will go wrong.

I also have to be accepted to a graduate school in that area so that complicates things.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
      Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
      Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
      Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
      Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I think maybe around May-July 2015 we may be able to close it.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

We're hoping for sometime around summer 2013, but if that doesn't work out it will be as soon as it actually is possible.
          "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
          This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
          Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Hopefully the beginning of the year. We're looking at January/February. The sooner the better I say

Met online: 1/30/11
            Met in person: 5/30/12
            Second visit: 9/12/12
            Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

I don't know, right now it looks like maybe at least 6 more years of long distance.. because we want/need to get complete degrees and have enough savings to live well together. We have lots of dreams for our future and we will make them happen! It seems like so long now but at least we have a plan, and we're working towards it, which makes it easier on us.

Comment

We are hoping for somewhere in 2014. He's living on base in Norfolk, VA and the way things are going, we have to be married for us to actually live together off of base. I'd like it to be sooner because it's been really hard for me to find a job within my major field of study I have a degree in around where I live in Pennsylvania. I work 3 jobs, one of which is what I got a degree in but it's only freelance based. VA has more job opportunities in my field in which I have a degree in.
                Met/First Date: October 18, 2013
                First Kiss: October 18, 2013
                We Fell in Love: November 2013
                First Visit To See Him in TX: November 15-17 2013
                His Recent Visit To PA: October 18-20 2013

LOVE > DISTANCE

Comment

We were close distance for eight months, until I moved here to the US for 1 year. So we´re only going to be long distance for 1 year because in July 2013 I´m moving back home again, but the hard part is that we will probably not see eachother even once during that year. I´ve been here 2½ months now, so 9½ months before I can see him again!

Comment

We will be re-evaluating where we're both at in 2015. So I'm not sure. It will depend on where our lives decide to carry us!
                    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                    Met online: February 2009
                    Feelings confessed: December 2010
                    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                    to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
                      We will be re-evaluating where we're both at in 2015. So I'm not sure. It will depend on where our lives decide to carry us!
                      I guess 2015 is when we are evaluating our situations, as well...
                      First met online: June, 2010
                      First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                      Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                      Third visit together: August, 2012
                      Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                      Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                      Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                      Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Hopefully summer '13.
                        Unfortunately it won't permanently, but we will be a CD couple for about 6+ months.

Comment

Either August 2013 or August 2014. (2013 if I decide to only teach in China for 1 year instead of the original 2...)

Comment

As soon as he gets a job in Germany. Might be soon, might be months from now. A year? I have no idea... He wants to stay with the US government and jobs in his position abroad only come up once in a while :/

Comment

November 2012! Squee! In just a bit over a month. We're so excited.. it has felt like an eternity, and now it's just a little bit away! I'll be moving from the Midwest to Scotland.. been a few times before, but never imagined myself ever living in the UK! Even if it doesn't work out for the both of us there, we're completely open (and would even be just as happy) to moving back to the US. But for right now, we'll see how things go..

Comment

Working...
                              X