Nervous about first visit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous about first visit.

In 9 days I will be seeing my boyfriend for the first time since we became long distance. We've been together for nearly a year, and by the time I go see him 3 months of it will have been long distance. Basically I'm just worried things won't be the same as they were before. We have definitely each changed over these months apart, we've become less "attached" but more "connected". I'm nervous about hugging him again for the first time in a long time (especially since he won't be at the airport and I think the first time I'll be seeing him is when I go with his grandmother to pick him up from school). I'm worried since we've become used to not having each other around, things might be slightly, I don't know, tense/awkward? I can be incredibly awkward and I really want to hold his hand, but I'm worried I've forgotten how to initiate that? And don't even get me started on how scared I am about kissing him again. I know I'm overreacting, I guess I need some reassurance or something. Has any one else ever felt this way too? How did it turn out?
    started dating: 12/08/12
    "i love you": 04/12/13
    el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
    montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
    el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
    montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
    el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
    el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
    el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
    san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
    san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Don't be afraid! Things change when people become long distance, or heck... Start off that way. You have to become a bit more mature about things. I started off long-distance with him, and have only seen him for around five days a few months ago, so I can't really relate to the whole "seeing him again" butterflies and nerves. (Though I will be seeing him again in a bit over a month, and I'm sure a week before I see him, my nerves are definitely going to hit me! Aha.) But I did have the "I'm going to see him for the first time ever" nerves, and let me tell you, they PLAGUED me. And while there's always that chance that things will be different, I would say don't worry about it, because chances are you're just hyping yourself up. Don't think about having to initiating holding his hand, or hugging him, or getting close to him. Just simply let it happen, because most likely, the moment your excitement hits you in an adrenaline rush, you're not even going to think about that. I remember when I first saw my boyfriend for the first time ever in person, the moment I stepped out of that taxi, any nerves and worries just disappeared, and just the utter excitement of seeing him overtook me. I ran up to him, and without any warming-up, I just jumped on him and hugged him; and this is coming from someone who had never seen her boyfriend of nearly a year... Ever.

So I guess just to sum it up... Don't worry about it! When you actually see him, things are going to suddenly be so much different than what you worry they will be.

Comment

Working...
    X