Capturing your first moments together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capturing your first moments together?

So, my boy will finally be here in three days!
    I'll be picking him up from the airport, and I've been thinking about getting someone to take a video or photos of our very first moments together. But I'm not sure if it's something I'd want to be private, just for us, or if videos/photos would be a nice thing to have to look over. Has anyone done this, or decided against it?
    What are your thoughts on it?

I wouldn't personally do it. I think its a private thing and something you'll remember regardless of photos or videos. Some of the videos are cute though, but everyones all blubbery and crying so it isn't something I'd actively show everyone.

Comment

I don't have any videos or photos of me and my SO's first meeting Mainly because I thought it would be too awkward, and we wouldn't be able to be ourselves with each other when there's people around us that we know, having a camera stuck up in our faces :P But then there are sometimes that I wish we did have it on film, when I see videos of other couples meeting for the first time, you know... Seeing how it was and remembering it all in detail again But, I remember it perfectly in my head, and I think we had a better meeting on our own than with friends/family around. However, that's just me being awkward around people I'm close to, some people may find it easier than I do/did So, just think through what you'd be most comfortable with, I suppose! And GOOD LUCK on seeing your SO! I bet you'll have a great time together!

Met online: February 2011
      Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

I'm currently with my SO and I am taking as Many photos and videos as I can, it's really important to me, as I LOVE watching videos back I think you should get someone to video it xxx

Comment

I used to be envious of people who caught their first moments on camera, but I'm actually quite grateful I didn't. There would have been no way I could have gotten someone to take the video without my knowledge and thus, our reactions probably would have been altered, either for better or for worse. It's been proven that people act differently when in a social situation or when they anticipate being in a social situation versus when they're alone, one example being people who bowl and get a strike, they're less likely to show any emotion, even a smile, when alone, but if in a social situation or when thinking of a social situation, their behaviours and responses are a lot more exaggerated. I honestly feel that learning the way we respond emotionally is different when we know we're being watched, I probably would not have wanted that to be a part of our first moment. I will say, though, that I did plan to take pictures on day one and ended up not taking any until the end of the first week. I wouldn't change that though.
          { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
          Met online: February 2009
          Feelings confessed: December 2010
          Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
          Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
          First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
          Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
          Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
          Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
          to be continued...

Comment

Well, I do agree with Bex2804 though, I have tons of pictures from our first day/date together, but nothing of the actual first meeting with seeing each other for the very first time and that I do have other pictures and videos from his first visit though, tons! You should definitely do that, it's fun to look back at

Comment

I don't have any of our actual first meeting, but it's still the best day of my life. It never even occurred to us at the time to record it somehow. I didn't even know people did that until I started coming here!
              We were with his friends that night, so have photos anyway. But I don't think I'd change how it was.

Also, we didn't cry. Didn't know you were supposed to cry. >.> Probably would have made for a boring video.
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                I don't have any of our actual first meeting, but it's still the best day of my life. It never even occurred to us at the time to record it somehow. I didn't even know people did that until I started coming here!
                We were with his friends that night, so have photos anyway. But I don't think I'd change how it was.

Also, we didn't cry. Didn't know you were supposed to cry. >.> Probably would have made for a boring video.
                We didn't either. He was hiding and I got so nervous, I wanted to puke.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                  We didn't either, we were both too nervous to do that xD Now a days however, I cry every time we meet xD

Comment

Uhmmm, well... We did record our first meeting, and I'm kind of impartial to it. I knew I'd be recorded, but it didn't change the way I reacted at all. We were in the middle of a VERY crowded reception point, anyway, and both his mom and neighbor were there. I spent so much time fretting and mentally preparing for meeting face to face for the first time on the plane ride over that I ended up not crying at all, even though I had planned on it. xD I was just so relieved to FINALLY be there.

I don't really watch the video that much, mostly only because I feel like I look really bad in it... But I think my boyfriend is so cute, and we put it on youtube, because we know some people like seeing those kinds of things and it sometimes inspires people to keep going with their LDR. Otherwise, it's not bad having it. I can go back and look at it whenever I want. I like being able to do that.
                    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

The first time I met my SO he was in my country visiting our mutual friend. We were introduced at that friend's house and didn't start dating until his next visit to the US. We stayed in contact between his trips and got really close. So the first time I met him was not any big romantic thing so I don't have a video of our meeting or anything. I do have a couple pictures of us and our friends though. I kind of missed out on the big meeting my love for the first time in person thing because I already knew him as a friend. lol. But I am thankful I got to know him in person first, I'm kind of a paranoid person.

If I were going to meet him for the first time in person after we've been dating for a while I would probably feel awkward if someone was standing there video taping us. But I would like pictures of us together after the initial meeting.

Comment

I would want to but I know I'm going to cry.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverUs View Post
                          If I were going to meet him for the first time in person after we've been dating for a while I would probably feel awkward if someone was standing there video taping us.
                          Personally, it wasn't awkward at all. My SO and I had been together for 2 years by the time we met and we were just so sick of being apart that we didn't care. Our happiness finally being together > everything.

Originally posted by jdwate View Post
                          I would want to but I know I'm going to cry.
                          I was so sure I was going to-- like, 152% sure-- and then I didn't! Instead, I cried on the way there, because I seem to deal with things by pre-dealing with them... lol.
                          Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                          Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                          Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

When my SO first came to visit my mom came to chaperone, she didn't fully trust my SO and wanted to make sure I would be safe. So since she was there I asked her to record it. And im glad I have it, yes I was flustered in the video, but mom was watching me anyways so it wasn't to different, but now when I miss him I have my videos to look back on. Before he came I loved watching first meeting videos on youtube, so after having my own I posted it on youtube too, just because I loved and was inspired, so maybe my story can too. In the end im happy I have the visual memory.
                            I love you Nathan <3
                            sigpic
                            5/25/09 <3

Comment

We didn't get our first meeting on camera either. I was way too nervous and that would have made it worse, plus when we met it was kinda awkward because I was so shy and he was intimidated by me LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X