No announcement yet.

"Catfish" TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, my friend and me were talking on the phone just now, and she mentioned it. Then she went on to how she was worried for me...I LOL'd so hard at her. I told her, hes legit not some make believe dude pretending to be someone else not a girl or w/e. I think it'll be interesting, but I'm not sure how I feel about it as a whole.

ETA: Just watched the first episode, there were too many red flags in the beginning. Anesthesiology classes online? Really? I'm not sure if I feel bad for the girl. You can find out so much information about people if you really wanted to know, that and common sense can go a long way.
    Last edited by Kanga; November 13, 2012, 02:19 PM.
    https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
    Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

Originally posted by AABRCL05 View Post
      So for anyone who did watch Catfish last night- what are your thoughts on the show??? I think that I am full on addicted already and it is the 1st show. It also made me realize how lucky I was when meeting my SO online and then meeting him in person. I would have been so heart broken if he wasn't who he said he was- it makes me so thankful to have him in my life!

Same. The movie made me feel that way though, I felt so lucky that he was real.

Comment

I wanna revive this thread. I have the most love/hate relationship with Catfish. Some people seem to think a lot of them are staged, but I think I can tell the difference now. The Artis and Jess episode was TOTALLY staged. I mean, I'm sure being that the show is open to submission they get a hefty amount of trolling, but I find it hard to believe that they don't do some type of screening first.

Comment

My only issue with it now is how it effects others' perception of our relationship. I've been in two LDRs thst started online and both have been real and legitimate.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I just saw one of these shows a few days ago. The girl had been talking to the guy for eight years and never met or web cammed. He told her he hated it. When the catfish guys got there they found out his phone number was registered to some completely different guy. Sounds pretty bad huh?

Guess what? When she got there and he opened the door... it was him. Exactly who his picture was. He and her went out on a date and the next day he met her son. To make a long story short they are planning on closing the distance a few months after the show and hoping to get engaged in a year. Yes, he was everything he said and he never lied to her at all. It was just some weird phone company glitch about his phone number and he was dragging his feet because he was afraid to meet her son and did not wish to losing what they had if her son did not like him.

The looks on the Catfish guys faces were just priceless.

https://www.vulture.com/2013/07/catf...py-ending.html
            Last edited by Hollandia; October 3, 2013, 12:54 AM.
            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm not really enjoying this second season so much. It does feel like a lot of them are staged. I was reading on one of the catfish's facebooks that a lot was cut from her episode and the guy she catfished actually knew who she was the whole time and lied to the producers for whatever reason (15 mins of fame possibly).

I only really watch because I love Max and Nev together. They should just have their own show, they'd make great interviewers.

Comment

I feel that in this day and age it's pretty hard to get catfished. I would never start dating someone online if I had never gotten to videochat with them. Sorry, I just wouldn't. Obviously some people may not be as familiar with technology so I suppose they could get tricked. But the people who say "I don't have a webcam?" I think your relationship is worth a few bucks buying a cheap webcam. Besides most computers today have built in cams.

That being said, I def. love watching the show especially with my SO. Staged or not, it's entertaining.

Comment

Hello, where can i watch that TW show?

Comment

I kind of like the second season of Catfish. What made me really happy was the episode with Lauren and Derek. As for how to watch the tv show, there is always full episodes on the MTV site.

Comment

Originally posted by dandelion View Post
                      On MTV or on MTV's website they have full episodes

Comment

Me and my SO watch it together. Well apart now, but we watch together when we're together. I do think some are just crazy, how can they not know or go so long without proof.... and silly of me, but I had just realized recently the meaning of why it's called "catfish" lol I can see why my SO says i can be snail speed sometimes :P Off to watch a episode tonight
                        I love you Nathan <3
                        sigpic
                        5/25/09 <3

Comment

Originally posted by dandelion View Post
                          You can watch them here if you don't catch the episodes locally. The MTV website won't allow you to watch it if you aren't in the US, UK, Canada, or Mexico (I think), and each country has a different site which may not even have the episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by princessmaria View Post
                            You can watch them here if you don't catch the episodes locally. The MTV website won't allow you to watch it if you aren't in the US, UK, Canada, or Mexico (I think), and each country has a different site which may not even have the episodes.
                            Thank you princessmaria ^^ yeah i couldnt watch it on MTV webpage.

Comment

Ahhh, my ldb and I love watching Catfish together.
                              I swear, my heart actually beats when the two are about to meet...
                              It's so intense!!
                              I just caught up with season 2 today and I thought it'd be a super happy ending for this week's episode, but I guess I was wrong.
                              Lauren and Derek make me so happy and hopeful though!! They're the best success story so far

It's funny because I used to "Catfish" my ldb. I lied about my age and what I looked like, but I came clean to him eventually. It's weird to think that we could have been on an episode of that show if I had not confessed, haaaa.
                              [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                              became official: 28.03.11
                              first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                              second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                              our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                              third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                              fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                              surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                              viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                              jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                              my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Haha i watched almost every episode of both of seasons yesterday and I am going to finish watching it today
                                Some of them have happy endings. Some of them not.
                                I just don't know how to not see someone in camera if you love him/her and are talking to them during 3 years.
                                I am sorry that so many people are saying lies there. I don't think that someone needs to hide their real themselfs in general. I think in the world every person is beautiful!

Comment

Working...
                                X