No announcement yet.

My SO needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad it all worked out. Especially the part that says his father is out of his life, for now.
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I'm glad to hear that it's all working out! Good luck to him.

Originally posted by ThePiedPiper View Post
      It's not his job that pays 10 a week. That's the rent he has to pay to his friend's family to continue staying there.

So glad to hear this!!
      I think that you misunderstood. Pardon if I'm wrong, but I think what snow_girl is saying is that if £10 a week is a lot for you, he must either be working <15 hours or he is getting paid far below minimum wage.

Say you earn £200 a week, £10 isn't that much and is very very cheap for rent.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
        I think that you misunderstood. Pardon if I'm wrong, but I think what snow_girl is saying is that if £10 a week is a lot for you, he must either be working <15 hours or he is getting paid far below minimum wage.

Say you earn £200 a week, £10 isn't that much and is very very cheap for rent.
        If that is what she meant: he isn't making money yet, he's been unemployed for months and has no savings. He starts this new job today, and he won't get paid until the beginning of the month. So until he gets his first paycheck and starts earning income, yes, £10 a week is a lot!

Comment

Fair enough. At least he only has to wait about a week to get some coin.

Comment

Wow.. that sounds like a really tough couple of weeks you had! I'm so glad everything seems to be working out though, I'm really glad to hear that he got a job and that at least his mum came to her senses, I'll keep my fingers crossed he'll find a good flat soon as well

Comment

Originally posted by Shepard-Fowkes View Post
              If that is what she meant: he isn't making money yet, he's been unemployed for months and has no savings. He starts this new job today, and he won't get paid until the beginning of the month. So until he gets his first paycheck and starts earning income, yes, £10 a week is a lot!
              Yea thats what I meant, and I didn't think of having to wait for the paycheck If the people he is staying with know he will pay them maybe he could pay them everything at the end of the month? Then he is struggling before he gets paid?

Comment

Ohhh, okay. I read the sentence wrong! Go tired brain.

Comment

Working...
                X