Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many hours do you spend with your SO weekly? Rant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see...We both work from 12 to 14 hours a day...so it's not easy, but we try to be in touch everyday.
    Sometimes we only text each other through the day, but most of the time we get at least one hour of chatting...Oh, and when that is not possible there's always the phone!!!
    I think at times we just have to be understanding. LDRs demand a lot of patience and if we push too hard things end up feeling like an imposition, that's not healthy.

Originally posted by sjaimangal View Post
    ...and nights are generally out of he question because she has her children to attend to. Sometimes i feel i dont fully understand why she has no time. Im younger than my GF by a several years (most will think this is strange, but there is not age when it comes to love) and she understands that aspect. Im learning to be a supportive Boyfriend. Just want more time that i think is there. I guess it really comes down to talking to her about it... but i've mentioned it before....
    The thing that I find a little worrying is that your SO has children, that's something that is always going to be a priority to her, no matter how much she loves you. It's not even like it is in her hands to do anything about it. When you say that there's an age gap between you and her, I do agree with you, there's no age when it comes to love, but She is a mother and I guess that's a big part of why she doesn't seem to have as much time for you as you'd like her to.

You definitely have to talk to her about it, but I'd strongly suggest that you consider if her having to split her time between you and her children (it will never be a 50-50%) isn't really a problem with you.

I hope this helped you a little. Good luck!!!

Comment

I feel pretty spoiled too. I'm in an online school and neither of us work or have many friends, so we have a lot of time together. We skype about every other day probably, more lately though.. typically all night. We basically do our own thing a lot of the time while in a video chat, just as we would if we lived together or something. So, probably about 40-60 skype hours. But we never go a day without at least messaging.
      "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

Originally posted by melarie View Post
        I feel pretty spoiled too. I'm in an online school and neither of us work or have many friends, so we have a lot of time together. We skype about every other day probably, more lately though.. typically all night. We basically do our own thing a lot of the time while in a video chat, just as we would if we lived together or something. So, probably about 40-60 skype hours. But we never go a day without at least messaging.
        May it never change. Hehe, a guy can wish, right? We do spend a lot of time talking, I talk to Melissa more than anyone else in my life despite the distance, it's pretty awesome.

Comment

It's a 3 hour time gap for use but we spend half the day especially at night talking through skype.

Comment

Working...
          X