No announcement yet.

Does your SO know you use this site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I talk about my "distance board" all the time. Then when my son and I were visiting I told him the stroller we were putting my son in was from my long distance baby shower thrown by the site and members, and that really amazed him.
    He's never asked for the name of the site - I'm sure he could find it with no trouble at all, but I really don't think he has. I don't plan on inviting him here this time around the LDR block, unlike last time. But if he came on his own, that's fine too.

Comment

She mentioned to me she was visiting this forum occasionally but I didn't have much interest in it at the moment she mentioned it. Later on I saw her here posting stuff while I was watching her via TeamViewer (remote desktop). From then on I randomly visited this place using her account and after that I made my own. I barely post but I'm here at least every 1-2 days reading. :P

Comment

she knows i go on this site, she doesnt mind. I'll even tell her whats going on with people on here from time to time. without this site i would have lost my sanity, it helped alot

Comment

He knows about the site but social networking and forums aren't his type of thing. He knows I've made some great friends, and even went with me when I met one in person on our last visit

Comment

I don't think I could tell my SO just because I usually only post when I'm aggravated with something he's doing or need a serious opinion and I don't want him getting his feelings hurt. Of course they're all things I address with him first, but as someone else said, it's nice to get other people's opinions.

Comment

Mine knows I visit a site about LDR and that it has provided me with a wealth of information that I never would have even thought of asking about. He doesn't understand forums or social networking but he's glad I have a place to go to for support.
              February 2012 -- met online
              August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
              April 2013 -- met in person
              June 2013 -- broke up
              July 2013 -- back together
              August 2013 -- 2nd visit
              October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
              April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

My SO knows I use the site because I mentioned it when I got our LFAD bracelets. He noticed that it is number one on my google chrome browser when he has used my computer =p He doesn't seem to care that I am on this site.

Comment

I've mentioned it to him but forums aren't his type of thing. He doesn't mind though.

Comment

She does know I use this site and I talk to her about it all the time. She's not on it because I asked if it could be my thing. I found this site when I was looking for an outlet and a place to talk to people about the stuff i'm going through. She understands and supports that.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                    Married April 18th, 2015!!
                    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Mine knows I am on here too...But hes not.

Comment

I've given my SO a link to the main site and we've looked over it a few times but I don't know if she knows I'm on here. I think I just really want something that is for me that I can use to ease my worries or just let out my thoughts.

Comment

My SO knows I'm on a forum for people in LDR's but I won't tell him any more than that, nor does he really care. He doesn't ask questions, so I won't tell him the exact site. This is my piece of the Internet to vent about him lol. He knows I talk to some friends I've made here on FB and stuff and he's glad I have them to vent to. That means he doesn't have to listen to my whining all the time. xD

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I honestly don't know if he does or not. I may have mentioned it to him before but I'm not sure. It's not like I'm hiding it from him or anything though so if he asked or the topic came up I would tell him, it's just not something that has come up in a conversation yet as more than a passing comment about something I've found on the site or something.
                            "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                            This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                            Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

My SO knows. We like to send each other links and talk about stuff we're doing on the computer while we Skype so I often talk about posts on the forum I'm reading or things I'm posting. He talks about it a little indifferently but I also think he kind of likes that I'm on here because our community does offer a lot of helpful advice. He hasn't joined and I don't think he wants to. He's really active on some running forums already so I don't think he has the extra time for another. I don't think it's his type of thing either.

Comment

I told him about it. I feel like I should not keep things from him. I went out of my way to protect the fact that he loves his privacy. He is happy I have somewhere to vent at.
                                "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X