2 weeks left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 weeks left

Well, it's about two weeks left before I leave for my Christmas vacation to Florida to spend it with my family. Usually I'm totally stoked, and I still am, but this year I'm feeling a lot of mixed emotions, as I'm sure a lot of you feel.

My SO is leaving for basic training around New Years. He's totally excited, and I am too, but I won't be coming back from my vacation in time to say goodbye. Of course the first thing you would think of is "well just leave a little early" but the thing is my dad was deployed to Afghanistan this past May, and he gets to come home for about a week to spend time with us. There's just no way I'm not seeing him, he won't be coming home until May of next year, and I don't live over there so there's no telling when I'm going to get to see him again. And of course my SO is totally understanding of that. It just sucks, and I'm emotionally fine, I'm not freaking out or anything, just trying to really enjoy being with my SO while I can. Basic training is two months, then he gets two days to spend with the family, and me. And then he's shipped off to Tech school, way on the other side of Texas, which is like half way across the country (omg Texas y u so biiiig).

But yea, I guess this is just me complaining about stuff. I have kind of a crazy schedule until finals end, which is the day before I leave for my vacation. I really don't have much of my weekends since they decided to schedule 3 of my finals in two days (Friday and Saturday). So really this weekend is the last free weekend I have to spend with my SO. I'm going to work hard so I can have free time during the week to see him, but it's going to be tough. I'm usually the type to emotionally hit rock bottom and pretty cease function when stuff like this happens. But I can't really do that this time, too much work to do. I kind of like it that way, it doesn't allow me to focus on the time. I'm so proud of him though, it helps me to see this all in a positive light.

Don't you hate how no matter what there's always something tearing you in half? If it's not feeling torn in half between my family and my SO, it's my SO and studying for my finals Finals come first though.

Anyone else relate? Sorry for the long winded post, I just needed to clear my head :/
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Hey ! I too am going back (but to Alabama) in two weeks!!!! HURRAY FOR US!!!!

"Obstacles are placed in our way not to harm us, but to test our will to survive" - Alex****** M****** J*****

- Alex J.

Comment

Yay! So can't wait for the holidays!
      sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

I completely understand how you feel about your dad being in Afghanistan and only having two weeks for R&R. My dad was one of the first to go to Iraq when this war started. It's really hard when you feel like you have to choose between your dad and your boyfriend, but you have to do what you feel is right. You know you'll see your boyfriend again, but there is always the smallest possibility that you could not see your dad. Try to see your boyfriend again before finals time is really crazy (maybe he can help you pack for your trip home) and plan to go to his graduation from basic, but make sure to see your dad before he goes back. Also, you can write letters to your boyfriend while he's at basic, and he can write you back. It's not seeing him in person, but it's better than nothing. Enjoy your trip home! Enjoy the time you have with your dad.
        "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
        Made it official: September 17, 2010
        Got engaged: January 15, 2012
        Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
        Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
        Got married: November 21, 2012
        Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
        Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I can relate to you regaurding Basic and your SO. My SO left Augest 8th and was suppose to come back October 10th... But due to some complications, he hurt his shoulder, and has been in the infermory for two months. x: He is suppose to come home any day now. Waiting on my phone for a call to announce him being back. Lol Be grateful it is two months, and not almost four. : P
          Just be strong and do your school work. You will be fine. c:
          ~Tell me every day that I get to wake up to that smile.~
          ~I wouldn't mind.~
          ~I wouldn' mind at all.~

First Meeting:
          December 22nd
          <3

Comment

Originally posted by princessmeg1328 View Post
            It's really hard when you feel like you have to choose between your dad and your boyfriend, but you have to do what you feel is right. You know you'll see your boyfriend again, but there is always the smallest possibility that you could not see your dad.
            I completely agree, and I never hesitated about choosing to stay longer so I can see my dad. I was so stoked when I found out he's coming home for a week. The way I see it is at least I'll be with my family when my SO starts basic. It sucks that I can't be there to see him off, but I'm glad I'll be with my family to help me deal with it for at least a little while.
            Thank you!
            sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ciana View Post
              I can relate to you regaurding Basic and your SO. My SO left Augest 8th and was suppose to come back October 10th... But due to some complications, he hurt his shoulder, and has been in the infermory for two months. x: He is suppose to come home any day now. Waiting on my phone for a call to announce him being back. Lol Be grateful it is two months, and not almost four. : P
              Just be strong and do your school work. You will be fine. c:
              Aw, that sucks about your SO, I'm sorry about that. I'm sure he'll be calling soon. But you're right, it could be worse. I'm just trying to mentally prepare myself, I really took it pretty badly when we were LD, and I really want to get the most I can out of it this time. Not just when he's at basic but at tech school too.
              Thanks for the support!
              sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment