Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worrying and Ranting

Hello everybody,

I've just recently stumbled across this site, when I googled "long distance relationship" and it already helped me a lot. I haven't posted anything yet, but tonight I feel like ranting a bit, hoping for someone to maybe understand me.

Well, my relationship's still very fresh... and we both have been looking forward to today a lot, because it marks our one month anniversary (cute, I know ;p) Yesterday she told me she was feeling ill and she really didn't sound good, she already had fever and stuff, but tried to act normal. Today I really freaked out, when there was no message of her all day... I mean, I already thought she must've gotten really ill or something, because if she doesn't write.. especially on that special day... well you can imagine I worried a lot. -.-

I mean, I trust her, so I know when she doesn't message me, she has a good reason. But still! It's still our one month thing and instead of this cute day we've planned... (like just skyping a bit.. well she actually planned a surprise for me and I've planned something for her as well ;p) ... I've just spend a day completely freaking out, sending messages, checking my mails like every five minutes and being worried. Luckily she wrote like an hour ago, so at least I know something. She told me that she was really sorry, but she was feeling really bad and her fever apparently has gone up a lot... Of course she can't do anything about that and I know we'll just have to postpone our cute day until she's feeling better, which I have no problem with. But right now I'm just somehow so drained and tired, I just imagined this day to be like ... different and I just hate freaking out when there's no message of her. And I really freaked out, I mean, this day was important for both of us, so naturally I really worried when I just didn't hear anything, the whole day. And somewhere deep down I'm asking myself, why she just didn't write a bit earlier, but then again I'm like really worried for her and I just want her to be better. And I know, she must feel really bad, if she doesn't write to me and that just worries me.

I'm really sorry for ranting like this, but I just needed to get this out. I don't really have someone to talk about this stuff, most of my friends don't know about this relationship yet and even if they do, it's just difficult to really get it, you know.

Anyway... it was good getting this out =]

Greets from Germany
    Last edited by strawberry; December 4, 2012, 02:00 PM.

Hey mate, I'm sorry about your day, and yeah, I can definitely imagine that would have you worried. It's awesome you got it out though, I know how much better doing just that can make you feel about certain things. Anyway, I hope your partner gets well soon mate, it was mine and Melissa's three month anniversary yesterday too. Welcome to the site, I hope it helps you as much as it has me and Melissa.

Comment

Getting it out helps! Sounds like it was a pretty exhausting day for you. It can be very difficult when you don't know what's going on with your partner. My SO and I do our best to keep in touch, even if it's just with short e-mails sometimes, so that we keep each other "in the loop". I'm glad that she was finally able to e-mail you. It sucks that she's not feeling well on your special day. Hopefully she will get to feeling better soon and you'll be able to have your celebration. As far as the day... it's just a day... so don't get too hung up on that! The important thing is the meaning behind it and you can celebrate that any day.

Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Welcome I'm sorry to hear your day didn't work out as planned and unfortunately sometimes plans fall through. It makes it harder to handle when we've built up that anticipation. She must have been feeling really awful to not be able to contact you earlier but in situations like this just do your best to be there for her and be patient. Easier said than done, I know! I've had minor freak out incidents myself where my mind would jump to conclusions.

Try and keep yourself distracted and send her a get well soon message
        “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Originally posted by OrKing View Post
          Hey mate, I'm sorry about your day, and yeah, I can definitely imagine that would have you worried. It's awesome you got it out though, I know how much better doing just that can make you feel about certain things. Anyway, I hope your partner gets well soon mate, it was mine and Melissa's three month anniversary yesterday too. Welcome to the site, I hope it helps you as much as it has me and Melissa.
          Hey

Thanks for your quick reply, I'm amazed how fast the replies came here ;p Anyway, thanks for your welcome and your words, they are very much appreciated =] And congratulations to your three month anniversary!

Comment

Originally posted by stephanieaz View Post
            Getting it out helps! Sounds like it was a pretty exhausting day for you. It can be very difficult when you don't know what's going on with your partner. My SO and I do our best to keep in touch, even if it's just with short e-mails sometimes, so that we keep each other "in the loop". I'm glad that she was finally able to e-mail you. It sucks that she's not feeling well on your special day. Hopefully she will get to feeling better soon and you'll be able to have your celebration. As far as the day... it's just a day... so don't get too hung up on that! The important thing is the meaning behind it and you can celebrate that any day.

Welcome to LFAD.

Hello

Yes, it was really an exhausting day and I'm just glad that I know what's up with her now. And yes, a day is just a day, I know that. It just sucked, because I was really looking forward to it and so did she. Well life tends to get in the way, I know that. I just want her to be okay again, that's what matters most to me =] Anyway, thanks for your reply!

Comment

Thanks! I hope yours is as awesome as Melissa made ours.

Comment

Originally posted by commasplice View Post
                Welcome I'm sorry to hear your day didn't work out as planned and unfortunately sometimes plans fall through. It makes it harder to handle when we've built up that anticipation. She must have been feeling really awful to not be able to contact you earlier but in situations like this just do your best to be there for her and be patient. Easier said than done, I know! I've had minor freak out incidents myself where my mind would jump to conclusions.

Try and keep yourself distracted and send her a get well soon message

Hello Yes, it stings when you've built up some anticipation and then the plan falls through. And like you've said, she must feel just awful, because otherwise she'd contacted me earlier, I'm sure My room's very tidy now... tidying up actually helped keeping myself distracted - normally I'm not that fond of tidying up. Well, I've sent her a get well soon message already and I hope it'll help a little bit Thanks for your reply!

Comment

Originally posted by OrKing View Post
                  Thanks! I hope yours is as awesome as Melissa made ours.
                  Oh I'm sure of that. =] She apparently planned a nice surprise and wouldn't tell me what she planned, obviously. I was just told that I'd love it.

Comment

I think we've all been here!

Sucks so bad and you feel mad because it didnt happen yet worried cause theyre sick and guilty for feeling mad! Just have to delay abit till she's better or make the 2nd month anniversary AMAZING!

Oh and welcome to the forums
                    As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Working...
                    X