No announcement yet.

Any age gap relationships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a ten year age gap between me and my SO. At first, a lot of people made a huge deal out of it, but it didn't make me blink twice. I just thought of him as a hot Irishman who happened to be ten years older than me, and I've never been one to restrict friendships or relationships to an arbitrary age gap anyway. The longer we're together, the more I think people realize we're in this for the long haul. It just takes the rest of the world a little longer to realize what we've known from the beginning.

Good luck to you!
    "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

There is almost a 10 year difference between me and the SO. In my 30's it isn't a big deal, but the kids issue does come into play. He has a son who will be 18 in a few months and I have a 9 year. Conceivably we could have another child together, but I know it would be difficult for him starting over in his mid-40's with a baby.

And I'm sure everyone who is younger will hate me for this, but yes, there can be a huge problem with dating someone so much older when you are younger. You will change. If you're very, very, very lucky, you will grow together. My SO and I were 27 and 18 when we first met. He will tell you himself that the girl I was at 18 and the woman I am now are very different.

Comment

There's a 7-year gap between my SO and I, and i Must say I love it! :P I love a mature man! and he loves that i'm young loll :P There is no age for love! <3

Comment

8 year gap here. To be honest I don't notice it; I felt the 6 year gap with my ex much more. Weird huh.

Comment

There's a 13 years age gap between me and my SO. I understand your worries. I'm 28 and he's 41 and we are both ready for children. However, when we finally live together, I'd actually want to spend some time with him alone and enjoy all the things we don't have now. So I wonder how old he'll be when we start having kids. But it's not such a big deal for us.
            But you know if he's the man of your dreams, age and distance don't matter.

Comment

There's a 14 year age gap between Pete and I, me being 19 and him 33. We never notice it tbh. There were a few people who weren't happy with our relationship in the beginning but now I've moved to England and closed the distance, nobody says anything against it.

Comment

My SO is 7.5 year younger than I am. She's 22 and I'm 29, so there's a little gap. hehe It used to bug me a tiny bit but it doesn't anymore. And I don't really care what other's think. lol

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                Married April 18th, 2015!!
                Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I have to agree with what snow_girl said... I think it's a huge age gap to consider for having children. I think it's maybe because no one in my family has been particularly long-lived, but I'd be terrified to have a partner that might not be around for most of our children's lives, and might never meet our grandchildren. I don't know how that would affect my relationship, but it is definitely something to consider. My mum is dating a man who's 9 years younger and we all thought of that as a huge age gap... and they both already have children and are in the same place in life. I just can't imagine being with someone more than twice my age personally.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                  Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

My ex was 15 years older than me. It really wasn’t a big deal for me. Everyone says to me “Oh you must have broken up because of the age difference right?” I always say no, it had nothing to do with age, he was just an ass in the end. Really I think that if you love him and he loves you (and it’s legal), age is really just a number. One piece of advice, have some separate friends, friends your age.

Comment

My dad and stepmom are 14 years different. My mom and dad have four kids together, but got divorced when he met my stepmom. And they got married, and had two kids together. The youngest was born when he was 51. They've been together like 13 years now. It's worked ok for them. It definitely can work. Like people have said, age doesn't matter if that's the person you are supposed to be with.
                      Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
                      Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
                      Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
                      LD again: July 24, 2012
                      Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
                      Married: November 1, 2014
                      Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

I'm a little squicked out by age gaps that are a generation apart. But in the end, if you're both consenting adults, then who am I to judge?

Met online: 1/30/11
                        Met in person: 5/30/12
                        Second visit: 9/12/12
                        Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

We have a 10 year age gap in our relationship.
                          I didn't wish for it and didn't like it myself in the beginning, but in the end we just fell in love.

Comment

Stephen and I have a small age difference...five years. It seemed really bad when we first started because I was underage. But I have to admit I lied to him about my age from the start. Not my smartest idea...but love is love. When you're in love there's really not a lot you can do about it. Things are good now because I'm 19 and he's 24, and when I'm 20 and he's 25 no one will care.

Comment

It really depends on you and how you view it, If YOU care about the age difference at all.

Comment

We only have a 5 year gap, she's at 21 and I'm at 26

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                                2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                                3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                                4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                                5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                                6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                                7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                                Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                                UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X