Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having a no-contact Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Verojoon View Post
    Would he celebrate Christmas if he was with you? My BF's religion also doesn't celebrate Christmas but he's always super excited to have a reason to celebrate it with me.

We will be spending Christmas together this year, but I'm already worried about next year (ridiculous, I know) because I already know I won't be able to go to him next year... I'm sure we will have contact though.. it's the nice thing about him not celebrating Christmas (without me) he has no other obligations during that time of year)
    I asked him if next years he would come with me for dinner with my family for xmas and he said yes.
    He just won't give any gifts to anyone and wont say 'merry xmas' but he would come with me, so there is at least that.

I know receiving gifts for xmas or a bday depends on the culture and/or religion.
    While I do respect religions or cultures that aren't the same as mine, i always feel a lil sad not to get anything from the person i love ^^
    Yes yes, I know i'm too sensitive. ^_^;
    ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

why is everyone referring to this as * no contact Christmas?* isnt that a bit too harsh? it doesn't mean they cant send you a text or at least call?
      that term is stupid IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Softy View Post
        I asked him if next years he would come with me for dinner with my family for xmas and he said yes.
        He just won't give any gifts to anyone and wont say 'merry xmas' but he would come with me, so there is at least that.

I know receiving gifts for xmas or a bday depends on the culture and/or religion.
        While I do respect religions or cultures that aren't the same as mine, i always feel a lil sad not to get anything from the person i love ^^
        Yes yes, I know i'm too sensitive. ^_^;
        I don't think you're too sensitive! If you don't mind me asking, is he JW? They are the only religion I can think of on the top of my head that are very sensitive about not celebrating things like Christmas and birthdays... To be honest I think it's crazy, because how can there be something wrong with giving a token of affection to someone you love if this is what you want to do? It would be something else if you were OBLIGATED to give something of course... but if you can give a gift any other time of year why not doing it on the day that makes your SO happy? It seems you don't have to observe a holiday to make your partner happy...

I don't mean to derail the thread... just something I don't really understand...
        First met online: June, 2010
        First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
        Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Third visit together: August, 2012
        Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
        Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
        Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

This year won't be a no contact Christmas as he will be here with me.
          However last year was. We accepted the fact that he would be with his family for the day and me with mine. We did get about half an hour, I think it was to talk on the phone in the afternoon but that was about it. On the plus side he was coming to visit me a few days later anyway, so that was how I coped with it
          No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

Our christmas will not be no contact but it will be less contact. We both spend it with our own families. I'm going to the cottage with mine, and she's staying at home with her's. We will be texting and that's about it. I don't have internet at the cottage...just my phone. We did it last year and it wasn't bad, I just miss her like crazy during this time because she's the one I want to be with at Christmas.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
            Married April 18th, 2015!!
            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Its not completely no contact me and my kids will be together ,but it wont be to much fun my bf wont be here until the 28th
              Last edited by chocolatelust3oh5; December 15, 2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Romeo s Juliet View Post
                why is everyone referring to this as * no contact Christmas?* isnt that a bit too harsh? it doesn't mean they cant send you a text or at least call?
                that term is stupid IMO.
                I think the OP is in fact, having a Christmas without any contact at all. Hence the term. Most of the rest of us were saying ours would be minimal.

Met online: 1/30/11
                Met in person: 5/30/12
                Second visit: 9/12/12
                Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

More than likely very limited. He's leaving the country to visit his country of origin and I'll be with my family so I guess it'll be very limited next week. It is what it is. Sucks.

Comment

Working...
                  X