No announcement yet.

I'm going to Australia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liam's aunt and mom are from England, he says flights between Aussie and there are normally cheaper than America/Aussie, I suppose. How d'you get flyer points, though? He paid for it, so I doubt I'd get any, but I have no idea how that works either

Comment

Originally posted by schwee44 View Post
      Liam's aunt and mom are from England, he says flights between Aussie and there are normally cheaper than America/Aussie, I suppose. How d'you get flyer points, though? He paid for it, so I doubt I'd get any, but I have no idea how that works either
      if you book within a particular airline they most likely have a 'frequent flyer program' which gives you points everytime you fly with them that you can 'cash in' for either money off your next flight or random rewards, kind of like store reward cards i guess. you just have to apply for that particular airlines reward program and always make sure that when you book flights with that airline that you add your frequent flyer number so they add the points, its pretty easy!

and on you saying that flights from England to Aus are usually cheaper than USA to Aus... its not necessarily true, flights vary in price by A LOT depending when you fly/which season you're flying into, what specific city you're flying from/to.. What country you're from/which currency you're paying in (cos like I said my SO pays a lot less than me for his flights even when considering the exchange rate), if you're flying a budget airline or not.. the list goes on. Also, USA is a huge place.

I just checked with Qantas for an example of prices between locations for my own curiosity

Melbourne to LA flying early March 2013 is around $1,430AUD return

Melbourne to New York flying early March 2013 is around $1,600AUD return

Melbourne to London flying early March 2013 is around $2,640AUD return

and OUCH. As i was looking up the Melbourne to USA location prices I was thinking 'oh maybe it won't be such bad prices to London based on the USA prices... nope '

in any case, both USA/Aus or Europe/Aus relationships are expensive and difficult to be so far from your SO. The time differences are such a pain and the visa processes are long and time consuming.. me and my SO have always accepted the prices for when we want to travel, because the price is ALWAYS worth it. At this stage though for us its the visa process that is the killer.
      Met Online: February 2009
      Feelings grew: January 2011
      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
      Engaged: 1st of July 2012
      Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
      Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
      Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
      Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
      Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
      Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I dunno if I mentioned, but my ticket is one way so thats why its cheaper too, I didn't book a return cause I currently have no idea when I'll be coming home (in the next 13 months) my discount for being under 26 years old turned out to be just £20 though, but still pretty good for what it is. I know my SO visited Washington in January, and his flights cost him around $3000AUD, but I remember him telling me that he'd booked them pretty late.

Comment

Originally posted by louisekerry View Post
          I dunno if I mentioned, but my ticket is one way so thats why its cheaper too, I didn't book a return cause I currently have no idea when I'll be coming home (in the next 13 months) my discount for being under 26 years old turned out to be just £20 though, but still pretty good for what it is. I know my SO visited Washington in January, and his flights cost him around $3000AUD, but I remember him telling me that he'd booked them pretty late.
          you get a discount for being under 26 years old? how? I must tell my SO about this.. lol
          Met Online: February 2009
          Feelings grew: January 2011
          First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
          Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
          Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
          Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
          Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
          Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
          Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
          Engaged: 1st of July 2012
          Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
          Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
          Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
          Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
          Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
          Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

STA Travel give discounts to students and people under 26 years old if you book through them I'm going with Malaysia Airlines but I booked via STA so got the discount

Comment

How did you manage to be there for a year long VISA? Are you on a work VISA because of your age? I can only get a 3 month VISA without being questioned.

Comment

Originally posted by InLove81 View Post
                How did you manage to be there for a year long VISA? Are you on a work VISA because of your age? I can only get a 3 month VISA without being questioned.
                The OP hasn't logged in since October 2013. i doubt you're gonna get an answer from a 2 year old thread and from a person who hasn't logged in since.

Comment

Thank you, didn't even notice, still figuring out this website! I see it now!

Comment

Originally posted by InLove81 View Post
                    One Year Working Holiday Visa. You have to be under 31 to get it.

Comment

Right which I am not :?

Comment

That's so exciting, I just began a long distance relationship with my SO who lives in Sydney, Australia. I'm in New Jersey, NYC metro area and our first meet is in September . She's coming over this way first but I can't wait to see her in Australia VDay of next year... It's got to be exciting to spend an entire year together.

Comment

Wow!!! Congrats!! Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                          X