LDR is not easy, any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR is not easy, any advice?

I'm having too many ups and downs right now that I'm about to see my SO.
    Is it normal? The closest it gets, the hardest it becomes?
    Some days he's really sweet, another funny, but also the mad and indifferent one shows up.
    Looking our pictures, looking his current picture I can see he's not so happy as when we were together. He was funny till minutes ago, I got serious a little bit, went back to funny (the situation was upseting to me). now he doesn't even reply. What's going?
    Does anybody know what is it? Too many ups and down!

I will see my SO in less than a month and I have been rather moody :/ It seems to be getting worse the closer the time comes. I don't know if this is normal, but my emotions have definitely been up and down as the time gets closer. I hate it. lol

Hopefully this will pass and things will get better for you!

Comment

Originally posted by dglynn77 View Post
      I will see my SO in less than a month and I have been rather moody :/ It seems to be getting worse the closer the time comes. I don't know if this is normal, but my emotions have definitely been up and down as the time gets closer. I hate it. lol

Hopefully this will pass and things will get better for you!
      Well, I'm not alone then!
      Thanks! Hopefully this will pass and get better for us!

Comment

I'm with dglynn, I get moody when it gets closer to seeing my SO. I also get really antsy, have a hard time sleeping, etc. I think that it's completely normal. Ups and downs are common in any relationship, it just comes with the territory. It's hard to want answers and to see body language and expressions, but that person isn't in front of you - so that's something that can make things harder being in an LDR. Hang in there!

Comment

Originally posted by ashdav2010 View Post
          I'm with dglynn, I get moody when it gets closer to seeing my SO. I also get really antsy, have a hard time sleeping, etc. I think that it's completely normal. Ups and downs are common in any relationship, it just comes with the territory. It's hard to want answers and to see body language and expressions, but that person isn't in front of you - so that's something that can make things harder being in an LDR. Hang in there!
          Thank you! Yeah, I'm also sleepless.
          Everything is new for me and my SO. Regular dating was new, when we got that, my mom got sick and we were threw into this LDR.
          Thanks for supporting!

Comment

I think the closer you get the more anxious you become, I know I would, I'm already counting the hours, days, weeks, months I have till i get to go back to see her beautiful face, the closer it is, the more real it is, you've survived longer and you just want it over, I get that!

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
            2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
            3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
            4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
            5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
            6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
            7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
            Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
            UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

i'm gonna be seeing my SO in a week's time. my mood is ALL over the place. true, i'm pregnant at the moment, hence, hormonal. but it's always been this way. the closer it gets to D day, the harder it gets. we blow hot and cold towards each other and sometimes i know my mood affects his and vice versa. LDR really takes a toll on us emotionally, so don't worry, this is normal.

just hang in there and try and keep busy how long before you guys see each other?

Comment

Glad that others have been experiencing the same thing...I am going to see my SO for the first time on Febuary 1st...and I have been really emotional lately as well! I had no idea what it could be, but maybe I am just getting anxious and freaked out about it. haha

Comment

Originally posted by Hyacinth View Post
                  i'm gonna be seeing my SO in a week's time. my mood is ALL over the place. true, i'm pregnant at the moment, hence, hormonal. but it's always been this way. the closer it gets to D day, the harder it gets. we blow hot and cold towards each other and sometimes i know my mood affects his and vice versa. LDR really takes a toll on us emotionally, so don't worry, this is normal.

just hang in there and try and keep busy how long before you guys see each other?
                  We lived together for 15 days before be apart for 3 months. Now it's just 5 days to go!

Comment

Originally posted by MattDavies86 View Post
                    I think the closer you get the more anxious you become, I know I would, I'm already counting the hours, days, weeks, months I have till i get to go back to see her beautiful face, the closer it is, the more real it is, you've survived longer and you just want it over, I get that!
                    My fear is scare my him with this crazy moods I have never had before.
                    Thanks for explaining

Comment

joining the club here!

going to meet my SO for the first time in one week and 5 days..... and though we both don't say we're nervous..... we just are.
                      seems like we argue about stupid things every day.... some days are good, others fantastic and some other days are just awful.

haha.... think it's normal for LDR's .

at least, that's what I hope for and from what I've seen here, I am glad I am not alone.
                      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

Originally posted by littlekakau View Post
                        We lived together for 15 days before be apart for 3 months. Now it's just 5 days to go!
                        5 days!! so by this time, next week, u guys will be together! isn't that just exciting? i'm trying to remain positive even though the stress is killing me. lol

Comment

Originally posted by oxytocinbite View Post
                          Glad that others have been experiencing the same thing...I am going to see my SO for the first time on Febuary 1st...and I have been really emotional lately as well! I had no idea what it could be, but maybe I am just getting anxious and freaked out about it. haha
                          I'm glad too, lol. Good luck in your first time!

Comment

Originally posted by Hyacinth View Post
                            5 days!! so by this time, next week, u guys will be together! isn't that just exciting? i'm trying to remain positive even though the stress is killing me. lol
                            You're such a sweetheart! Yeah, next week we'll be freaking out together. Lol
                            Hang in there, soon you also will see your SO and this stress will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Carenza LaRue View Post
                              joining the club here!

going to meet my SO for the first time in one week and 5 days..... and though we both don't say we're nervous..... we just are.
                              seems like we argue about stupid things every day.... some days are good, others fantastic and some other days are just awful.

haha.... think it's normal for LDR's .

at least, that's what I hope for and from what I've seen here, I am glad I am not alone.
                              I share the feeling for completely! Hahaha. We will make it!

Comment

Working...
                              X