Just a detail that has been bugging me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a detail that has been bugging me

He has done this before and nothing changed between us, but sometimes he forgets to say I love you before logging off. Nothing in our relationship has changed, he is still as attentive and very loving when we talk on IM and he says I love you when we Skype or on the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this with their SO? He still sends cute heart images on Facebook at the end of our conversation. Just curious if anyone has any insight or experiences this.

You're overthinking it.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I think if you say I love you too much then it kinda becomes redundant, like saying hello or goodbye, kinda loses the meaning and specialness (new word), im sure it's nothing to worry about, as you said he's the same just isn't blurting it out all the time, don't worry

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
      2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
      3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
      4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
      5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
      6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
      7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
      Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
      UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

I couldn't agree more with the posters that commented before.
        You shouldn't worry really. I'm sure your SO doesn't love you less when he doesn't say it.
        You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

Those words don't have be said constantly to know that your SO really loves you. You see it in the little things he does and says throughout not just limited to those three little words.
          “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Originally posted by MattDavies86 View Post
            I think if you say I love you too much then it kinda becomes redundant, like saying hello or goodbye, kinda loses the meaning and specialness (new word), im sure it's nothing to worry about, as you said he's the same just isn't blurting it out all the time, don't worry
            i agree with Matt here.

i'd hate it if the 'i love you' became commonplace. just something you say, because you have to say it or coz it's expected.

it's gotta feel special every time!

Comment

As usual, my mind is overthinking it over analyzing. And the scientific mind of mine.

I figured it was nothing to worry about, as I said he is still extremely affectionate and loving and attentive, it's just sometimes you want to hear sappy love confessions before you go to bed! I would never say anything to him about it, because it is such small detail, but I figured I would get it off my chest here.

Comment

i am being torn apart between sarcastic reply and agreeing with above
                just DONT THINK SO MUCH

Comment

As somebody who lives off sarcasm I say go for it! Sarcasm is always welcome with me.

Comment

*RELIEF SIGH*!! uhhh i love people who can take sarcasm!
                    concerning topic,well its a serious sign,actually.if i were you i would start re-looking my life because you know its totally not normal.try making some horoscopes to see whether his planets and stars are causing any conflict situation or making him act like that.i dont think you should ignore it.loving people are supposed to use every free minute (free of talking or texting) to remind how much they love each other.like really.duh

Comment

Def overthinking things...my SO doesnt always tell me he loves me, but I am secure enough to know that he does love me so when he doesn't tell me it isn't such a big deal!

Comment

LOL at Irina's post ^_^

wonderlandless, if you really wanna hear the 'i love you' before he signs off, then just say it first n he'll respond

Comment

We usually only say it when one of us needs to hear it. We can tell. And when we have been drinking the L bombs start coming out like crazy.

Comment

Me and my SO are the type who say I love you often. But I personally don't think it could loose meaning or you can over say it if you mean it. And we always say it when we last talk or say goodnight. As corny as it is you never know, may be the last thing you get to say to each other.
                            I love you Nathan <3
                            sigpic
                            5/25/09 <3

Comment

Don't worry. My SO doesn't say it has a long time, he neither replies back "me too" when I say I love you.
                              But he never calls me by my name, always by cute names and when she says my name he refers to me as "my Kakau".
                              To me, it means his "I love you" unsaid.

Comment

Working...
                              X