No announcement yet.

Terminal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a lot of good can be done by the honest, direct approach. It sometimes is hard to take, but in the end, it usually works out better. She might not react well, but if you avoid telling her, she -definitely- won't react well, at least in my opinion. And if she doesn't take it well at first, the sooner you tell her, the sooner you can convince her of how you feel.

Best wishes to you both. Remember, there is no expiry date on any person, ever.

Comment

Play it the safe way: tell your Mom to speak to hs Mom, get it over with. this way she will fell comfortable with making that type of decision. The first thing that will go through her mind will not be what you want. She's a mother. So if both Mother's speak, they can make your visit happen and you will be supported. The situation will be easier this way.

Comment

I am so sorry Mandy! Maybe you should tell your mom the truth and hopefully she understands.
        Last edited by paulawriteslove; August 8, 2010, 06:49 PM.

Comment

While I do advocate telling your mom, I would also note that if she refuses to be reasonable, you could probably still get out there. I went to live in Ireland by myself when I was 17 and I never needed any sort of parental permission. So you COULD get there if you can pay for the ticket or get someone with a credit card to help you out. You'd have to let her know you're okay and everything, of course, otherwise she might report you missing.
          But for sure before you try anything like that have an honest talk with her and give her a few days for it to sink in. Also the web chat idea is a good one. I'm sure she'll be reasonable, but if she isn't... well I would do everything in my power to go see him anyway, if it were me.

Comment

I totally agree with everything Dark_Taco said.

I know I told you this in the chatroom, but once again I'm truly sorry.

Comment

Im sorry to hear that it's horrible
              Besides of tellin your mum what everyone already mentioned I would also maybe make a deal with her and say that she should come with you on the trip so she could meet him as well and see that he's a good man. I mean she doesnt have to stay with you 24/7 and sleep in the same bed or whatever omg X) but you know what I mean? Im sure she will feel more comfortable knowin with whom her daughter is than just basically give her away

Comment

this is so sad, and i'm so sorry you have to deal with something like this, you're so young, like me, i dont know how i'd cope. but i agree with everyone on here, you need to tell your mum the whole story and i think any mother would see you need to go, and i also agree with molly, you need to go, no matter what. dont let anything stop you. *hugs*

Comment

Working...
                X