It's over :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's over :(

It' s been 2 months (really??) since that final visit.

It was a great visit. It started out awkwardly (I mean, he DID dump me in a confused rambling phone call just a few days prior) but we ended up falling back into eachothers steps. He cried and apologized for the phone call, said he really did love me, especially seeing me now, that he didn't know what he was thinking. For that weekend it was perfect, and we talked about me moving in just a couple of months to his city and then we could try again. We had amazing sex that weekend. He took me on a date and we shared wine and went for walks and just, basked in eachothers company. He dropped me off at the airport, kissed me goodbye and said "I love you so much."

I got off the plane, texted him the next day still full of the wam fuzzies, got a cold response. It' s been 2 months since he completely just, shut off from me. I don't understand it and am coming to accept that this is just how breakups are. One side will always be left wondering what the **** just happened. The weekend was so perfect that his 180 left me even more bewildered.

So, a really good, at at the same time, really crappy ending to 2 years of on and off long distance. I guess I have no more reason to lurk on this forum Thankyou everyone for the support you gave. It helped me stay strong, even though he gave up :/

i'm sorry sweetie. It'll get better.
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

I'm so sorry. I know it doesn't help much to hear but I'm sending lots of hugs your way.

Comment

Well he ended things in a very selfish and immature way. Hopefully he will come around some day to explain what happened.

Comment

Take care, dear. It will get better.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. It does sound like you've been messed around. Hopefully with a bit of time and space you'll see that you deserve someone who can properly commit to you.

Comment

So sorry to hear this...keep your head up!

Comment

Originally posted by beaton View Post
                I don't understand it and am coming to accept that this is just how breakups are. One side will always be left wondering what the **** just happened.
                This is something really sad and frustrating when you are just left wondering
                |I feel sorry for you. I am sure you ll get better with time..

Comment

Thanks everyone

It's been a tough couple of months (read: too many hysterical midnight phone calls,) but it's already better than a month ago. Wishing everyone love and I hope none of you end up posting a thread like this!

Comment

Working...
                  X