Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentine's Day Stories!

How did yours go down?

My SO and I went to a Lebanese restaurant that is one of our favorites. He, for whatever reason, had thought all this time it was a Libyan restaurant. Because in Spanish it's "Libanes" and he thought it meant "Libyan". So I made fun of him a lot, and joked about how well he would fit in in the USA if he couldn't tell Lebanon and Libya apart. They had a belly dancer perform (Costa Rica is all about belly dancing!) and she was pretty good. Then on our way home we saw the flower guys on the street selling flowers and I yelled "BUY ME FLOWERS!" So he pulled over and bought me some

My GF had to go ice-skating (for school) so I met her at the rink. I brought her some gloves and I brought her some flowers. I waited for her to skate then we went and had pasta for dinner at the best German-Italian restaurant (Vapiano). She gave me a gift (The 007 cologne) and we went home and had a drink. She had wine and I had Corona (dreaming of summer!)

Comment

We left our daughter at his aunt's house and went to our favorite restaurant. My SO gave me a rose (fake, of course ) I had pizza and I'm eating the leftovers right now! We had mojitos and margaritas. I don't drink much so I got a bit buzzed. It was a really nice night, great food/drinks, great conversation.
      And then we came home and sealed the deal

Comment

I went to take a shower and when I came back to his room I was like "Can you make bre---" and realised he was gone, but there was a box and a card on my computer. He had bought me a new tangle teezer (a super awesome hairbrush that looks like a currycomb for horses). He had already given me one for Christmas, that I lost in the coach when we went on or NYE trip (ie 3 days after Christmas)

I then called him, but he was already on his way back from the store. And he came back with a bouquet of pink roses, two chocolate donuts and some other breakfast things.
        Later we went for Chinese noodles and to the cinema to watch Life of Pi, which I had been meaning to see for weeks. It was also the first time we went to the cinema in Germany.
        I'm going back to Poland tomorrow, but we only have one week left before we close the distance for good!!!

@Tooki: Vapiano reminds me too much of my uni canteen to enjoy it. We have the same system with the cards at uni and I'm always like "wtf? I have to stand in line and pay with a stupid card just like at the canteen and pay three times as much? NO WAY!

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

My SO works with Veterans and military personnel at our university. Every Thursday we have a dinner for whoever would like to attend as a way of thanking them for their service. We usually have 15-20 people, mostly young student Veterans.

So I made a special Valentines meal for them. Lasagne, salad, and mini ice cream cakes. It was a lot of fun.

My birthday was two weeks ago, and I was disappointed because he didn't do much for it (no gift or card). So last week I told him I wanted something for valentines day. He told me i needed to be more direct with him, so i was! We got home at 9:00 last night after working all day and I hadn't gotten anything. So I said "I'm ready for my valentine now!" He went downstairs to "feed the dog" and was gone for about 30 min. When he came back, he had a card that he had written a sweet message, drew a picture of the dog, and put ink on the dog's paw and had him "sign" the card as well. Not the biggest gift, and somewhat last minute, but I liked it.

Comment

I was just getting out of the shower last night when someone rang the doorbell. I had no idea who it was, so I put on some clothes and went to open the door. Outside is this man holding a package saying it's for me. I was completely confused and didn't understand anything! Closed the door and went in to open it, and inside is a beautiful red rose, a pack of the finest chocolates made in Sweden and a love note from my SO! I don't even know how he did it, but somehow he did, and I'm so ridiculously happy about this I'm probably annoying him by saying how much I love him all the time xD He's just the sweetest, and hopefully, one day we'll be able to celebrate one Valentine's together!

Met online: February 2011
            Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

We pay about almost 2 times what you would pay in Germany for Vapiano in Australia .

And your university canteen has the same card system? I pay more than the local price for food at my university which is half the quality of what is available elsewhere. Only in Australia!

Comment

I watched Bridget Jones in my PJ's with my friends sharing a bottle of wine and a Chinese takeaway because my SO was working late. I rang dominos and paid over the phone to order a Pizza for him that would be delivered to his house once he got back.
                Si tu n'etais pas la
                Comment pourrais-je vivre
                Je ne connaitrais pas
                Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
                Quand je suis dans tes bras
                Mon coeur joyeux se livre
                Comment pourrais-je vivre
                Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
                Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

He came home with flowers on the 13th. He went to work on vday then picked me up at 11:30pm from work. Walked home he thanked me for the cookies i made him and then we both checked out email and went to bed. Wow we are lame. I have tomorrow night off and i've told him I want him to plan something, we'll see what happens.

Comment

Do I count? I celebrated but as a single. My mother and I went and got "heart attack burgers." Basically, there's this burger restaurant that has both normal burgers and funky burgers, like bacon cheeseburger between two glazed donut buns funky. I got the "Snooki," which was a chili burger between two grilled cheese sandwiches. The grilled cheese sandwiches were made with American cheese so I didn't eat both of the buns (they were rich and filling), but the chili patty and side fries were absolutely delicious. We then bought a plate of toasted S'mores to share and went to go get magazines for our night-in (aka. bubble baths). She said she didn't have time to get chocolate and cards cause she was on the toilet all afternoon (entirely believable cause she's doing some intestinal cleanse) but I came home and she surprised both my sister and I with cards and chocolate! My chocolate is a hollow sea turtle filled with little baby sea turtles.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiedPiper View Post
                      Do I count? I celebrated but as a single. My mother and I went and got "heart attack burgers." Basically, there's this burger restaurant that has both normal burgers and funky burgers, like bacon cheeseburger between two glazed donut buns funky. I got the "Snooki," which was a chili burger between two grilled cheese sandwiches. The grilled cheese sandwiches were made with American cheese so I didn't eat both of the buns (they were rich and filling), but the chili patty and side fries were absolutely delicious. We then bought a plate of toasted S'mores to share
                      Fucking hell! No wonder America has an obesity problem! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Rach321 View Post
                        My SO works with Veterans and military personnel at our university. Every Thursday we have a dinner for whoever would like to attend as a way of thanking them for their service. We usually have 15-20 people, mostly young student Veterans.

So I made a special Valentines meal for them. Lasagne, salad, and mini ice cream cakes. It was a lot of fun.
                        This is really awesome, Rach. Good for you guys!

Comment

We ate our own dinners together on skype after studying, being in class, and working on school work all day. Woohoo, we're wild and crazy...
                          Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                          Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                          Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                            Fucking hell! No wonder America has an obesity problem! haha
                            I use it as a treat every once in a while, but you have a fair point! You think the Snooki is bad, though; they also have a double bacon cheeseburger between grilled cheese, too...

Comment

My SO was out of town on a business trip so we had a sushi dinner date on Saturday. I spent yesterday with my dog and ate pizza. I went out and got my SO some of his favorite coffee beans and I made him a giant Jammy Dodger for when he gets back tomorrow. I also managed to skype with him for a bit which I didn't think I would which was nice, and I'm looking forward to picking him up Saturday night to spend the rest of the weekend together

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                              <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                              The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                              <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                              <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                              Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                              Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X