No announcement yet.

Valentine's Day Stories!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Thursday the card my SO had sent me arrived in the post (perfect timing!). Then the following day I turned up on his doorstep unannounced, carrying a heart-shaped balloon. I'll never forget the look on his dear face when he clapped eyes on mine
    Last edited by lademoiselle; February 17, 2013, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lademoiselle View Post
      On Thursday the card my SO had sent me arrived in the post (perfect timing!). Then the following day I turned up on his doorstep unannounced, carrying a heart-shaped balloon. I'll never forget the look on his dear face when he clapped eyes on mine
      Surprise visits are the best! I'm so happy for you

sigpic

Comment

Woohoo! I'm glad that your surprise trip went so well.

Comment

This was the first vday we spent together in person - it was lovely

He gave me roses and a box of chocolates before i went to work, when i got home we cooked together and sat down with a bottle of bubbly watching The Walking Dead while eating. We went for a bath after that - i bought our favourite bath bomb from lush. We snuggled and watched 21 Jump Street until bedtime Not much but it was awesome!!

Comment

My SO & I aren't huge on Valentine's Day but I look forward to it as we have a competition to see who can buy the cheesiest & tackiest Valentine's Day card. He won last year, but I won this year with one I bought from the grocery store! We had lots of laughs opening them.

His flatmate was out so we had the whole flat to ourselves, which was nice. He surprised me with a big tin of Tim Hortons hot chocolate (it's a really popular coffee shop in Canada) & that made me happy, as the way to my heart is through my stomach! We made crêpes for dinner & had the hot chocolate for dessert, of course. All in all, a lovely evening.

Comment

Squee!!!

OMG Piper, my arteries are clogging just reading about that burger. That's insane.

Our Valentine's was fun. I spent the morning making Valentines photos for a couple for friends of mine. I made signs from Isis and took photos, inspired by the photo TwoThree made for my baby shower. And that was great. I warmed a few hearts there.

I made Obi a treasure hunt kind of thing, by writing out our story on little strips of paper and sticky taping a chocolate to the clue. So it was like "They got married and had a nice cake..." and then there was the cake I baked for him waiting in the kitchen with another clue "They honeymooned at a romantic paradise..." etc. It was funny because Isis started having a spack just as he got home so he's like "Swaddle and bed?" so we did that... and then ten minutes later he had to sneak in and get this box of chocolates I'd hidden in her cot without waking her. Was cute. And he loves treasure hunt things so it was a hit. One of these days I'm going to do it, but I'll blindfold him for added difficulty. Couldn't do that this time though, too much crap on the floor.

He bought me some beautiful roses (I've never gotten roses before!) avoiding chocolate in respect for my diet. And then we went out for dinner, with the baby Dinner was... interesting. We wont be going there again. It's this place called Skewerd that opened recently. They had a valentine's special, but doing the math later we realised it wasn't a special at all. More like a package, we didn't save any money doing it. And the service was shocking. I mean Aussie service isn't that fantastic to begin with (it doesn't need to be, we don't tip lol) but while our waitress was nice the service was so slow - which made no sense because the place was more than half empty. We were there for two and a half hours, they forgot part of our meal and then at the end we're like "it's getting really late, can you pack our desert up to go instead of bringing it out?"
              But it tasted really good. I was a bit pissed off that I was still hungry when we left though. :/

So we came home and made up with it with some fantastic sex
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                Squee!!!
                I made signs from Isis and took photos, inspired by the photo TwoThree made for my baby shower. And that was great. I warmed a few hearts there.
                Haha awesome! Made my day
                I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

<3 so lovely!

I went to visit him from Thursday until Sunday. I surprised him with ice skating for Valentines Day, we had lots of fun. He got me red roses, took me to The Shard and to a lovely restaurant on Saturday. It was such a wonderful weekend, so sad it ended already

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by Kristin91 View Post
                    Surprise visits are the best! I'm so happy for you
                    Originally posted by Tooki View Post
                    Woohoo! I'm glad that your surprise trip went so well.
                    Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                    Squee!!!
                    Originally posted by Malaga View Post
                    <3 so lovely!
                    Aww, thank you everyone! <3

Comment

Working...
                    X