No announcement yet.

Did you..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When we close the distance it is pretty much only do-able through marriage, and yes I would like to be living with my wife lol, so yep definitely move in together, saying that, we will have 2 stints of 6months together living in the same house before this so we would be used to it.

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
    2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
    3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
    4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
    5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
    6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
    7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
    Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
    UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

If I moved to him, I wouldn't have the financial means to afford my own place so that's an option I haven't ever considered. Even if it was possible, I think we're ok living with each other, so for me I wouldn't want to be apart. I think that we can both give each other space if needed. And space for me is more a not talking and interacting with each other than physical space.

Comment

I wouldn't have the means to live here if I didn't live with him. And like others have said, I wouldn't move across the world only to live alone. Of course it's a risk but we were pretty confident that we'd be compatible and so far so good.

Met online: 1/30/11
        Met in person: 5/30/12
        Second visit: 9/12/12
        Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

We're moving in together. We're even looking at houses currently.
          Though we do already live together 4 weeks at the time every second month, so it's not a huge step for us.

Comment

Thank you guys for all the wonderful opinions (and sharing of experiences). I am feeling much better about the possibility of moving in now, though I still haven't made up my mind. I think L. and I are giving it a rest for now so we don't beat the proverbial horse to death. He's coming to see me in March, which is when our actual situation (ie, where we really want to go) will solidify for us. That's when the real planning can happen. I am so antsy to get this ball rolling, but, really, our hands are tied until his work situation comes together. Until then, I would love to hear more of your words of wisdom, opinions, experiences, etc. This is such a huge step for me and I need all the advice I can get. Thank you.
            Our separation so abides, and flies,
            That thou, residing here, go'st yet with me,
            And I, hence fleeting, here remain with thee.

Comment

We closed the distance about a month ago. I moved in with him and things are absolutely wonderful. Just takes patience, communication, understanding, love, and 2 people wanting it to work!

Comment

Well, me and my SO are also unsure of what steps to take when we close the distance. We have long visits (2/3 months) and get along fine, but are just scared of rushing things. We will most likely end up living together in the end, as I am unlikely to get a job and support myself in the first few months.

Comment

We did.
                  We had been in a relationship for over two years and had had a few 1month+ vists, where we already lived together.
                  I used to say I'd never take a guy directly from his mum and move in with someone who hasn't lived on their own before, but him moving here and not living with me didn't make much sense.
                  It wasn't always easy, but it worked out pretty well.

I'm still glad he got to live on his own for a bit, before moving in with me for good, though (aah 4 days left!!)

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Yup he moved in with me right away. It was frightening. We only had week-long visits before that. But everything worked out in the end!

Comment

I think it is good to consider all the things before, to have a backup plan, to really think things through...but otherwise, if I were moving across the country to be with my SO I wouldn't want to live by myself. That doesn't make much sense to me. It's a financially better option because you'd split some of the house costs and also, I mean, the idea is: ket's be together.. so .. what are we waiting for? I agree with the above posters that if you don't work out it because of things between the two of you, and that will not change if you wait to move in together.
                      In my case, because of the circumstances, we've never met but we're moving in together for 4 months or five this spring. This is kind of extreme, and if I had a better choice I would take that. But yeah, we're moving in and, provided the first week of being together goes well, we'll make it work.

Comment

We were planning to move in together but for various reasons it didnt end up happening. Instead I rent a VERY small bedroom that I can use to study/sleep in, but I have keys to his place and can go round whenever I want. It's worked out really well, if I didnt have to study so much (I cant study at his) I would probably sleep there more than at my place. We're planning to take the next step in a few months time after he finds a job (he's a trainee nurse at the moment!! 3 weeks left until he is fully qualified :O ).
                        Si tu n'etais pas la
                        Comment pourrais-je vivre
                        Je ne connaitrais pas
                        Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
                        Quand je suis dans tes bras
                        Mon coeur joyeux se livre
                        Comment pourrais-je vivre
                        Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
                        Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                          Getting my own place when I moved to him wasn't really an option. I think it'd be pretty lame for him to have expected me to move overseas only to live alone. However, we knew each other online for five years, and he had a four month visit with me before I moved to him. So it was a fairly safe bet.

In my opinion waiting to move in won't make you more compatible. You either have it or you don't, and it's better to figure that out sooner rather than later. (Though it's advisable to have a couple grand saved up just in case you need out in a hurry. Don't strand yourself!)
                          This!
                          My SO and I will be living together when we close the distance. We'll be married by then and it's an international move. I would have thought moving to a city you don't know would be scary and isolating if you also went home to an empty house. My SO has lived alone for along time and doesnt have children so it will be a huge adjustment for him but it's something we talk about alot so hopefully we're prepared for the bumps in the road.
                          As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Working...
                          X