No announcement yet.

LDR Negativity from Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not saying that your not cautious what I'm saying is other people are negative because they are concerned for you regardless of your own behaviour.

Comment

We actually didn't video chat before we met in person, but did send loads of photoes, talked on the phone, IM every single day, text messages etc for over 4 months before we met. I do suggest people be careful though, coz this word is full of crazy people.

Comment

Originally posted by leah_c View Post

I've tried to research my SO, but he is very protective of his information.
        He shouldn't be protective of his information with YOU! He should give you any info you need to make sure he is on the up and up! My guy gave me so much info on him so I could check him out -- he encouraged it because he knew I had doubts and wanted to prove himself to me. Your guy should do the same or else that would raise a red flag for me. So, be as sure as you can about him!
        February 2012 -- met online
        August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
        April 2013 -- met in person
        June 2013 -- broke up
        July 2013 -- back together
        August 2013 -- 2nd visit
        October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
        April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Originally posted by digitalfever View Post
          I'm not saying that your not cautious what I'm saying is other people are negative because they are concerned for you regardless of your own behaviour.
          Oh ok. lol.

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
          We actually didn't video chat before we met in person, but did send loads of photoes, talked on the phone, IM every single day, text messages etc for over 4 months before we met. I do suggest people be careful though, coz this word is full of crazy people.
          Thankd.

Originally posted by Benni View Post
          He shouldn't be protective of his information with YOU! He should give you any info you need to make sure he is on the up and up! My guy gave me so much info on him so I could check him out -- he encouraged it because he knew I had doubts and wanted to prove himself to me. Your guy should do the same or else that would raise a red flag for me. So, be as sure as you can about him!

Hmmm.... well I have his address, phone number, pics, know that he's been in the military, etc. Is it bad that I don't have more info? I probably sound silly but what should I ask more about? I mean if he hasnt been in newspapers or anything then what else could be proof? I mean I don't think I need his citizenship information or more personal stuff like that, right,?

Don't mean to sound rude or stupid, but what information should I need? I feel like asking for more in-depth, personal information might make me seem creepy or like I want to steal his identity or something. Lol.
          *First visit- 6/15/13-6/29/13*

*Second Visit- 6/21/14-7/5/14*

*My part of the K-1 Visa approved on 10/23/14*

*Fiancé had his Medical Appt. on 2/16/15*

*Fiancé's Visa Interview Appt and approved on 4/13/15*

*Fiancé received his Fiance Visa on 4/20/15*

*Closing the distance on 5/22/15*

Comment

I would simply ask him anything I needed to know to make myself feel safe. His answers will tell you whether he's being honest with you or not -- if he hems and haws and resists an answer then I'd be worried. If he answers forthright, then I would trust him all the more.
            February 2012 -- met online
            August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
            April 2013 -- met in person
            June 2013 -- broke up
            July 2013 -- back together
            August 2013 -- 2nd visit
            October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
            April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

I just wonder, how much personal info have you given him? He's really in the same boat as you here, so you might want to talk about giving out little information simultaneously, that might help him to relax and open up. Good luck and get those cams going
              We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Originally posted by Alsfia View Post
                I just wonder, how much personal info have you given him? He's really in the same boat as you here, so you might want to talk about giving out little information simultaneously, that might help him to relax and open up. Good luck and get those cams going
                I believe we've both given a good amount of personal info, from address to family info/issues, pics, jobs, etc. I've known him online for almost 7 years, so we've shared a lot, its just recently that we moved on to a more serious relationship. But everyone I know just don't believe that he's real or who he says he is because we haven't video Skyped. I know that's the next thing we'll do, but people see his computer crashing as an excuse to not video chat.

Sorry, it just annoys me.

Thanks for replying.
                *First visit- 6/15/13-6/29/13*

*Second Visit- 6/21/14-7/5/14*

*My part of the K-1 Visa approved on 10/23/14*

*Fiancé had his Medical Appt. on 2/16/15*

*Fiancé's Visa Interview Appt and approved on 4/13/15*

*Fiancé received his Fiance Visa on 4/20/15*

*Closing the distance on 5/22/15*

Comment

Working...
                X