Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: which do you prefer - travelling to your SO or your SO coming to visit you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My hubby never actually came to visit me! I was impatient and moved here after my first visit here. When I left it was so incredibly hard for me to be on the plane alone, but I remember the SO saying this to me: You had a great vacation and are now going back to your normal routine. But since you were here as a part of my life physically, everywhere I look there are memories of you now, and it's so hard to accept that you're not here anymore.
    That really broke my heart and I am partly glad I never had a chance to feel that.

Comment

I honestly like going over there better. So much other stuff to see Though he is coming over in two weeks to meet my family and friends. I rather be on the other side of the world and explore with him.
      ”Distance means so little when someone means so much.”

Comment

I'd say 50-50 for me!
        I love visiting my SO in Berlin because it's such a beautiful, fun city and he gets to show me around town
        I also love seeing his family and meeting his friends.
        But it's great when he comes to visit, too, because I can show him around Los Angeles and we can take my car to other cities in Cali, like San Francisco and San Diego. On the down side, I usually have to go to school or work when he's out here, so we don't get to spend as much time together

In the end, though, just being with him is all that matters! <3

Comment

Well, for me it's not likely she will visit me alone, I will come get her each time (but only twice) she will come here for 6months on a visa soon and then next time it'll be a fiancee visa and get married (next year), so it'll be me visiting all times, she doesn't have that much money so won't be able to afford it to be honest, and I'm fine with that, it doubles up like a holiday for me too.

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
          2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
          3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
          4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
          5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
          6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
          7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
          Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
          UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

I love going to see my SO. I recently moved to be closer to her (down to 211 miles, from 615 miles) but I can't stand my new room mate so I go to her so we can get privacy.

Comment

I prefer to go, I think, since it's different from the usual. Plus it's closer to my hometown.
              ~~~

Comment

I like both, Her coming to me and I to her although the 22 hour flight is a little hard! But in my experience with all this is the third option...meeting halfway!! its an amazing feeling arriving in a completely different country and meeting your partner. The perfect holiday.

Comment

I love getting the chance to go to England Its amazing there, I like when he comes here bcus he gets to spend time with my family and such bcus in just a few months ill be moving there for good on my fiancée visa for marriage and such and its gonna be hard travelling back to Tennessee to see all my family. Just travelling takes a lot out of me its such a long flight from Tennessee to England almost a 12 hour process and its can be very exhausting. But I wouldn't change a single thing about this wonderful choice ive made.

Comment

This June will be my first visit with him, flying over there. I'm thinking I'll like visiting him more cause I love travelling and he lives in England, my dream trip destination. Plus we'll have alone time, which is impossible where I am.
                    *First visit- 6/15/13-6/29/13*

*Second Visit- 6/21/14-7/5/14*

*My part of the K-1 Visa approved on 10/23/14*

*Fiancé had his Medical Appt. on 2/16/15*

*Fiancé's Visa Interview Appt and approved on 4/13/15*

*Fiancé received his Fiance Visa on 4/20/15*

*Closing the distance on 5/22/15*

Comment

I think I prefer leaving than being left. I really really hate being somewhere when I know every minute he's flying further away. I hate navigating the airport when I'm leaving him and I'm miserable and just want to sulk, but at least the travelling takes so much out of me that by the time I'm home, I'm quite relieved. I think leaving speeds up the whole getting used to reality again process, because when you get home, you're not left surrounded by a place your SO just was. I think I'm sort of lucky that I've done most of the travelling, I've left him twice as many times as he's left me.

Comment

i have only ever travelled to see him. i think i would like it if he came here, so he could see how i lived. i kind of like the town he lives in but at the same time i feel uncomfortable there (small italian village). i am asian and get a lot of stares...which can be a little unsettling. also there is no car there so travel can be expensive as well as food. whereas here we would have more flexibility and could do a road trip

Comment

I have traveled to him several times. When I am over there we live together in his, now our apartment, for about 3 months each time. We have started building our life together. I don't consider it a visit anymore. He is coming here for a visit for the first time in a few weeks. It will be bittersweet for me. This will be the beginning of goodbye to my birthplace for me. If we had unlimited funds we would have houses in both countries and split our time more evenly. I know that once we close the distance we can hope for twice a year at best to see my family and friends. I do plan on enjoying showing him around here and sharing some special places with him as he did for me when I first went there.

In the future we plan on continuing to make more new special memories together, here, there or anywhere else.
                          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It's hard for me to travel, due to my disabilities and so all the visits recently have been him coming here. We met when I was visiting a friend in the States and so that's the only time I've been with him in the US. I have been back to the US in 2004, but I wasn't in touch with him at the time. Since we reconnected, he's come here twice and plans to come here permanently. He loves the UK, and has always said he was born in the wrong country - not just because of us being together - so I prefer him coming here because my carer is with me so he's not having to deal too much with my health issues should something go wrong - which it has EVERY time I've travelled out of the country.

I also like having him in my home and not having to worry about adaptation and such...plus I get to show him all the stuff he's wanted to do for years which adds to the fun!
                            Joey & Scott
                            Met: April 2002
                            Lost Contact: August 2002
                            Reconnected: April 2010
                            Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I always have to travel to my SO, which I do every year.
                              I'd absolutely LOVE for him to come and visit me, to get to know the country where I come from
                              and he'd love to as well. But it's much trickier for him to come (More expensive)
                              than for me to go there, Also applying for a visa in Colombia isn't the easiest of tasks
                              But next year he's planning to come.
                              Right now I'm saving money to go and visit him in July. So very excited!

Comment

We haven't visited each other yet, but here's how I think I'll feel. While I absolutely love flying, I'm terrified of flying by myself, since it's not just a straight shot. There's transfers and stuff. So because of that, I've asked him to come here first. However, as far as the actual visit, not the travel, I think I'd rather go there. I think I would be more comfortable around his family than I am around mine to be honest. Plus, I'm not the best host ever.
                                "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

Working...
                                X