Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're both acting like a couple of children (one of you actually being a child so I guess it makes sense). You asked for advice and now we're giving it to you. Just because you don't like it does not give you the right to curse at us. It'll also get you banned from this website faster than you can blink. Nobody on this site is going to be willing to help you if you continue to act in that manor, including myself.
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Calling the group of people who took the time to be honest about their opinions on your relationship "fuckwits" in response to them questioning your maturity or readyness for a relationship is ironic. We don't mind helping people here, but we aren't always going to say what you want to hear. That's what this forum is about. People have told me plenty of times what I didn't want to hear and in my case, they ended up being right about my relationship. *shrug* No one's saying we're right about yours, but we do have valid points worth considering and if you look at help as only being "well it can work if you love each other enough," you're not going to get far, because LDRs are more than about love. It isn't Hollywood. It isn't "I love you, I'm going to marry you" and then that's it, you've got it. If it was, a lot of people on these forums would have it so much simpler than they do. All we're trying to do is bring to your awareness the fact that he could get in trouble. You know that. Okay, great, all you need to say is that it was considered. You don't need to call us fuckwits because your OP was filled with "I love him, I'm going to marry him, and I'm going to see him even though my parents don't know!" Responses might have varied somewhat if you'd actually said you weren't sneaking around, which was implied, or planning on doing something, which is often something that does or does not happen in the moment (I thought I'd be too scared to have sex and this ended up not being the case. This may or may not apply to you, but I am saying that I genuinely thought we wouldn't be having it up until we did). That said, I don't really know what to recommend on pushing him away other than don't do it. LDRs aren't something you go half in, half out on. You either decide you can do it and commit to it, or you don't. I wish it were different and maybe someone else knows something I don't, but mine never would have lasted if I did the off and on thing. I was either in it 100% or I wasn't. There was no in between, and I'd say that's true of most LDRs, but I don't know if there's any trick to getting past it other than just doing it.

Comment

For the record guys, I've reported the "fuckwits" post to Michelle.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

im trying to delete my account. no point in this anymore. its ended
          Originally posted by Moon View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
            I think we should form a band and call ourselves "The Fuckwits", it has a nice sound to it
            Made it official: 12-01-10
            First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
            Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Halloween View Post
              I think we should form a band and call ourselves "The Fuckwits", it has a nice sound to it
              Very punk rock sounding! Fantastic!
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

"People come and go so quickly here..."
                "You want for myself
                You get me like no one else
                I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
                Even in the darkest part of me
                I am beautiful with you
                Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
                You're here with me
                Just show me this and I'll believe
                I am beautiful with you"