Is your SO also your best friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, he most definitely is!
    I told him he was my best friend the other day because we can go from doing SO type things to staying up late eating pints of ice cream, watching silly movies, and talking/complaining about our days...which is something I've never done with any past SO and only friends.
    I tell him everything! He knows more about me than my non-SO best friends...

Comment

I guess if someone asked me, I would say I have a best friend and a girlfriend, because I have a friend who I've been closest with for 8 years and I'm really used to calling her my best friend. But truthfully I think I am closer with my girlfriend than with anyone else, now, and I talk to her more than I talk to anyone else, and we have more in common than I do with anyone else. She's definitely the most important person in my life, so I guess that makes her my best friend <3

Comment

Yes, I would definitely say that my SO is also my best friend. But then again, I might use the term 'best friend' pretty loosely considering how many 'best friends' I have. But I'd say my SO is definitely one of the closest people to me. I don't think I've ever told anyone as much about myself as I have to my SO. Even the grossest details or the weirdest things, he knows. I've known my SO for over 10 years now, so we've gotten pretty comfortable with each other.
        [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
        became official: 28.03.11
        first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
        second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
        our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
        third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
        fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
        surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
        viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
        jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
        my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

my SO is definitely my best friend, and has been so for 9 years.

Comment

My SO and I talked for 4-5 years before we became a couple. It was strictly friends because we were dating other people but the year before we became a couple we became super close and we can do and talk about anything around each other and share many interests and thoughts. Honestly I never date anyone without becoming their best friend first. If we can't be best friends then it probably isn't going to work for me.

Comment

Two of my current best friends know about my innermost darkest secret. My girl's one of them.

Comment

Hmmm.... that's a good question! I consider him my best friend since he's the only one I can tell EVERYTHING to, even the things I'm afraid to talk to my own family about I can talk to him about. He's the one that I need when I'm having a bad day and the only one I know I can really count on to be there for me, so I would consider him my best friend. However, I'm not sure if I'm his best friend lol. He has a serious bromance with his friend that has the same name as him. They've known each other longer than we've known each other, and he has called him his best friend before, but that's a question I think I'm going to ask him

Comment

Of course! I think that a good relationship is one that is built on friendship first, and the romantic relationship comes after. My SO and I both agreed that it would be more of a shallow relationship to have one just built on "I love yous." He is my best friend, and also the person I love most in the world!

Comment

We are the best of friends.

Comment

Working...
                    X