No announcement yet.

How often do you argue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We argue maybe once or twice a month? Though we often bicker at eachother over nothing, maybe twice a week, i wouldnt call them arguements though. We just get snappy at one another and leave eachother to calm down for a while, then everything is fine again.

Recently, we have argued and bickered a heck of a lot. We're both very stressed out at the moment. But it seems to have resolved over the past week

Comment

We don't really fight. In the almost 9 months we've been together this time,we've had 1-2 major arguments. The rest of the time if something is wrong we usually talk it out. I've pushed the point a lot that if there's something we don't agree about then we need to talk it out. There's no need for getting all worked up and full on fighting. Plus he doesn't like confrontation.
      Last edited by LadyDaemon; April 21, 2013, 04:25 PM.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
      Back Together: August 1,2012
      First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
      Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
      Engaged: January 17,2013
      Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
      Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
      We Got Married! - July 3,2014
      SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
      Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Having a proper argument with my SO is rare. The couple who live in the flat beneath my SO's have screaming arguments on a bi-weekly basis; it happened once when I was over and you could hear stuff being smashed and everything. The thought of ending up like that kind of terrifies me, so when my SO and I have a difference of opinion or start to bicker we do try hard to not let it escalate

Comment

were both very non-confrontational passive people. We've been together almost 2 years and so far no arguments. which may seem odd but its just not our way! Last year we bickered over daft stuff like where's the remote etc for about a week. We both the realised we were bickering, sat down, worked out why and it stopped. I guess if our personalities were different then that would have ended differently. He's upset me before (a couple of times in 2 years) but i don't like confrontation so he usually realises he's upset me (as i'm usually quieter!) and apologises if he thinks he should or explains why he did x/y/z if he doesn't want to apologise.

I think it depends on your individual personalities and doesn't have much to do with the relationship. As I said, its not really either or our styles so it doesn't happen.

Comment

we argue about 2-3 times a year and they're usually only spats that last 10 minutes and then we make up. I don't even remember what we argue about but it's usually a miscommunication thing or one of us is kinda in a cranky mood and snap at each other a bit.

Notes:
            Met: 8.17.09
            Started Dating: 8.20.09
            First Met: 10.2.10
            Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Originally posted by wayoutofhere View Post
              I'm wondering how how often do you argue with your SO and what is it usually about? Arguing over small things or something more serious? How do your arguments usually end?
              We rarely argue.

First Visit: September 2016
              Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
              Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
              For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
              John 4:12
              I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Yeah, we pretty much just get into teensy spats over nothing. It'd be about where to go for dinner or something like that. We've only had a couple of "blowups," and those have been when we're drunk and not exactly in the most tactful mindset. (We have nice makeup time the next morning, though. ^_~) We're both very good at communicating clearly--sometimes too clearly!--but we always always always apologize/keep the other person's feelings top priority. It's always the same pattern: Stephen gets on a high horse, and I get too sensitive. Nothing too crazy.

I'm very proud of our kindness in communication. I think it shows we have a good foundation.
                "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

My SO and I bicker a fair bit, but not all out fighting. We've had a couple larger fights, but that's it. Everything that happens falls under two categories: Misinterpretation and Self Confidence.

Because my only language is English and it happens to be my SO's third language, we have communication issues. My education causes me to be a grammer nut, so I read something and take it at face value, when I should actually be more open leaving it to interpretation. He's generally great with his English but every once in a while he'll say something that sounds terrible and isn't what he meant. This also happens the other way around as well. One of our biggest fights happened when his plane back home was going to be delayed by a big Canadian winter storm. I was frustrated and was doing all of the calling to get things sorted out. I got mad at him without thinking because I felt he was being lazy by not calling himself. Turns out he was insanely nervous about communicating in English with whoever was on the phone and making a serious error. Now I think twice about things like that.

Our self confidence issues stem from me. As someone else said, I've spent a lot of time wondering what could go wrong instead of just accepting that he loves me. This has to do with a lot of personal issues and is something I'm working on. Most days I'm fine, but sometimes things will come up that will make me into an asshat. I'll say things that are mean because of my self confidence issues and things that have happened in the past. When it's PMS time, LOOK OUT. This is when I generally am out of my mind and this flares up like there's no tomorrow. Pretty sure I'm going to take a two day holiday every month to protect the sweet man.
                  Last edited by Catface; April 21, 2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I forgot to mention that where I am in my cycle also makes a difference. We don't get into as many little "tiffs" when I'm not PMSing. When I am, (like now) I tend to be more irritable and therefore, I end up taking it out on him. (I always apologize though)

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

A lot more lately....hopefully will end soon, but I guess I brought it on myself.

Comment

We rarely fight. I think we've had maybe four really good ones in the time we've known each other. Usually it's me going "<something you do> is pissing me off or making me sad. Stop it" and him going "I'm sorry. I'll work on that."

We've even stopped arguing about how he does the dishes. It's pathetic.
                        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I have yet to really argue with my current SO. We haven't been together very long, but I can't see him doing much more than bickering given his personality.

With my ex, we argued over big and little things probably five times a week. Towards the end, we FOUGHT daily.

I think redapple is right in that it is related to your personality, and how it reacts to your partner's.
                          ~~~

Comment

We' haven't been together for a really long time, so we've only had one major argument. Or two. The first one was about a girl who was stalking him and I think he led her on in the first place, but he promised me he will never talk to her again.

The second one was when my family went to the beach for two days, and I didn't come with them so he and I can talk, but he never went online. T__T

Comment

Ugh, I remember how we used to have arguments over my low self-esteem, but I'm relieved to say that it never got seriously bad. Now we just have intense debates over certain topics about history, science and politics.

Comment

Very rarely. We don't really argue. If we have an issue we work it out together. Nothing has ever been ugly.

Comment

Working...
                                X