No announcement yet.

How often do you argue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always say it depends how you define argument. We have times we argue and it's usually about the same subject how to close the distance and usually me getting frustrated over it and I can't help to go on about it again and again until he gets fed up with it. Or another sensitive issue is when he has busy weeks and doesn't manage to call (but I think we have figured that one out now) but those two topics are our main sore spots. Other than that we are both easy going, compromising and tolerant I would say

Comment

Never, he doesn't argue, he thinks it's a waste of time. So if I try to argue, he doesn't take me up on it at all, so I just huff a little then get over it

Comment

I wouldn't qualify them as arguments, it's been a year and there have only been one or two points of disagreement I can come up with, we soundly agree on all the big things in life, and about our relationship, the only I guess 'arguments' we've had were actually just misunderstandings and we calmly talked through them and by the end of the night we were back to laughing and enjoying our time together, we've never really had a huge argument or blow up or anything like that.

ALSO:
        I saw some people mentioning that studies show that couples who argue more are stronger for it, but every study on that I have researched, states that it's more about how the couple argues and handles arguments, rather than how often they argue, that is what actually leads to strengthening the relationship. I mean large amounts of arguments, if not handled well, are very detrimental to any relationship. So it's more about how the arguments are resolved, handled in the moment, and worked through, that actually lead to strengthening the relationship.
        Last edited by NerdyChick; April 23, 2013, 09:07 AM.
        First Visit - June 25, 2013 - July 15, 2013 (England)
        Second Visit - December 20, 2013 - January 13, 2014 (England)
        Third Visit: (Tickets Booked!) April 12, 2014 - May 10, 2014 (US)

Comment

Stephen and I argue the most about stupid things he does. He always does and says things without thinking and it always hurts my feelings. It's funny, actually. The fights don't last long and when they're over we both laugh about them. We bicker a few times a week, but we don't fight often. And when he's here we don't fight at all.

Comment

Had a couple of arguments about small, silly stuff. It usually ends with him messaging me after we have taken some time to cool off to ask if I am ready to talk to him. Then we would talk it out and things go back to normal.

Comment

Working...
            X