This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katiecat08 View Post
    His plan for now is to take the fire job. He needs the money and wants to build up a acareer before even joining the AF. He said he doesn't know when he will join but for now he is taking the fire job. I know it seems like were rushing but in reality were commited to this. I am 23 and I want to be with him. Some people marry after only months of dating. We are both dating for potential marriage partners in mind. I do not and will not date around for fun. We are strong Christian people and our relationship is based on the foundation of Christ. With much patience and prayer, God will see us through everything. We are not going to marry anytime soon. We are in this for the long haul.
    I liked BH response.. even though it was rather blunt

Originally posted by Black_Halloween View Post
    Being christian has nothing to do with it. I'm a good agnostic but that does not exempt me from making stupid decisions.
    That's great that your relationship is based on a love of Christ, Religion is a great thing to bond on and build the basis of a relationship on. This doesn't exempt you from the requirement to meet first before you put all your hopes and dreams on this relationship. You guys NEED to meet before you plan out the next 60 years together. You can date for potential marriage partners until your hearts content but the relationship needs to come into the real world to see what your chemistry will be like.

I really urge you two to meet and slow down on the lifetime of planning. You will end up tripping over yourselves and not live in the moment of your relationship if you keep heading this way, doesn't it sound crazy to you that you're talking about career moves BASED on this relationship and you haven't even seen his face across a room? Haven't even brushed your hand against his? Sadly you've probably had more physical interaction with a cashier when you're handing over money than you have with your SO in person yet.

Slow down, enjoy your relationship, PLAN a meet up and enjoy getting the nervous butterflies you get from a first meet.. the spark of a new relationship is fun and important.. and right now you're kind of missing it.
    Met Online: February 2009
    Feelings grew: January 2011
    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
      I liked BH response.. even though it was rather blunt

That's great that your relationship is based on a love of Christ, Religion is a great thing to bond on and build the basis of a relationship on. This doesn't exempt you from the requirement to meet first before you put all your hopes and dreams on this relationship. You guys NEED to meet before you plan out the next 60 years together. You can date for potential marriage partners until your hearts content but the relationship needs to come into the real world to see what your chemistry will be like.

I really urge you two to meet and slow down on the lifetime of planning. You will end up tripping over yourselves and not live in the moment of your relationship if you keep heading this way, doesn't it sound crazy to you that you're talking about career moves BASED on this relationship and you haven't even seen his face across a room? Haven't even brushed your hand against his? Sadly you've probably had more physical interaction with a cashier when you're handing over money than you have with your SO in person yet.

Slow down, enjoy your relationship, PLAN a meet up and enjoy getting the nervous butterflies you get from a first meet.. the spark of a new relationship is fun and important.. and right now you're kind of missing it.
      Yes, all this. I'm really concerned from all your threads on here, katie, that you are both moving way too fast. You're 23, there's plenty of time for you both, what's the crazy rush? Meet each other, see how you feel, how you interact. It does happen, albeit quite rarely from my experience on here, that people don't quite mesh in person when they'd met online. I'm sure that won't be the case for you, but surely you NEED to make sure of that before either of you go planning to move across the country or join the military.

Comment

His plan for now is to take the fire job. He needs the money and wants to build up a acareer before even joining the AF. He said he doesn't know when he will join but for now he is taking the fire job. I know it seems like were rushing but in reality were commited to this. I am 23 and I want to be with him. Some people marry after only months of dating. We are both dating for potential marriage partners in mind. I do not and will not date around for fun. We are strong Christian people and our relationship is based on the foundation of Christ. With much patience and prayer, God will see us through everything. We are not going to marry anytime soon. We are in this for the long haul.
        I'm also sure that God is not sitting there saying "give your life away to someone you've never met! Make it all happen or it never will!" When I studied Christianity, patience and, especially, putting my faith in God were huge values. Hey, I'm still a spiritual person and both of those values are huge in my spirituality. What you refer to as "God" I refer to as the "universe" and sometimes I simply have to breathe, step back, and not rush the universe's timing. God's timing is a lot different than ours and I think you need to trust it. Using God as a way to pedestalize your relationship is silly, too. You think everyone on here is "dating for fun"? Oh gee, I'm going to date someone I can only see three times a year for fun! Ehm, no. This isn't going out with several people and testing the waters of a relationship. Most people, however young they are (and by the way, 23 is still very, very young in the way of relationships and marriage), are in a LDR because they're serious about their partner. They're serious about the idea of marriage. *shrug* I wouldn't recommend someone going to school in their SO's state when they weren't originally considering it any more than I would recommend your SO signing his life away to something he's not considered for the same reason. It is great that you are taking your time, but you have to meet God halfway. God might provide a strong foundation, but he's not going to build and develop your relationship into something that's ready for marriage - which requires meeting - without you putting in the necessary effort and work to do so. And bringing up people who marry after months of dating... I think I missed your point because all that says to me is that people are still naive and jumping the gun.

Comment

Your age should have no baring as to when you do something. It's a number,and the fact that you're using that as an excuse to jump the gun in your relationship isn't a wise thing to do. 23 is still very young and you have plenty of time,love shouldn't be rushed because of age. It should bloom and blossom on it's own in it's own time. MOST of those people who marry after a few months often wind up in divorce,statistics have shown this to be true. Hence why we have an almost %50 divorce rate in this country.

Also,none of us are here "dating for fun" I don't consider not being able to see my SO for more then 1 or 2 months out of the year to be "fun". To imply that through the way you made your statement is rather insulting to say the least. None of us woke up one day and just said that,"Hey! I wanna go be with someone I can only see once a year because it's fun!". We're all with our SOs because we're in serious committed relationships.

Another thing,while having a good Christian relationship founded on God is a good thing,to assume that based solely on this fact that your relationship is going to last is a bit short sighted. Religion,no matter what it is will not always see a relationship through for years to come and does not guarantee anything. If all it took to make a relationship work is a Deity and your trust and faith in that deity then I'm sure lots of people wouldn't be getting divorced even now.

Lastly,I will reiterate what me and everyone else here has said,please take the time to meet him first and see how your relationship will fare before you and your SO start making major life changes like going into the military or just up and moving states. You've never met him and you don't know what he's like in the real world yet. The reality of it is that he can be one way to you online and then when you make it into the real world he's not anything like that and sometimes it can be a good thing and other times it can be bad. I urge you strongly to think about what you're doing.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
          Back Together: August 1,2012
          First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
          Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
          Engaged: January 17,2013
          Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
          Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
          We Got Married! - July 3,2014
          SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
          Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
            I agree with everyone else, why rush into something that is so permanent when you haven't even met and you just started dating? Slow down and enjoy the relationship without making all these big decisions about moving and marriage, etc.
            I agree, my SO is in the Air Force, and it is no joke. You can't just quit. It takes you places you never thought or dreamed you would go, and it makes your life really in their hands. That's a huge decision, and I feel that you guys should take it slow, and really think about this decision.
            .We've Closed the Distance.
            no matter where i am, no matter where you are
            i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
            no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
            all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

Originally posted by Ms.Justine View Post
              I agree, my SO is in the Air Force, and it is no joke. You can't just quit. It takes you places you never thought or dreamed you would go, and it makes your life really in their hands. That's a huge decision, and I feel that you guys should take it slow, and really think about this decision.
              I agree.
              A friend of mine wanted to stay in California because his girlfriend has a highly paid job in the Bay Area. He just joined the Air Force and was hoping to be placed there.
              They are now sending him to Italy.
              I don't mean to be the debbie downer but think carefully if you want to pursue a relationship with this guy. Love makes us blind sometimes. Take your time and really get to know him. Meet up in real life. See if you still feel the same in half a year from now and don't rush into such life changing decisions.

Comment

Working...
              X