Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29 presents for his 29th birthday.. :D NEED A HEEELP

Hey all,
    he is going to visit during his birthday.. It's his first birthday we will be together I hopeee Before now i didn't know what to gift him, but now one big idea came to my mind.. I am going to get one big box and put 29 little giftes in that box.. some of them can be just chocolates or just my little paintings done by me or our picture and some of them can be serious gifts.. Any advice, any ideas what can i put in that box? just funny things, not expensive ones..

A collection of pictures of your favorite moments together.
    Commission a painting
    A bottle of his favourite wine/alcohol
    Tickets for a movie/show/event

Comment

Something made of origami... an inexpensive T-shirt... coupons for cute and/or sexy things (ex: "Good for one foot massage")...
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Make it things that remind you of him or are special to each other.

Comment

How about colorful sticky notes and on them you write some nice short messages to him? nice quotes? then you spread them inside the box. I'm sure he will have fun finding and reading them.

I did something similar to my SO last year. I found some nice quotes we could relate to and wrote them on sticky notes like thse:

You can use them as confetti?!? with the nice messages as a plus =p
          P.s: My boyfriend was turning 31 and he liked it a lot.

Comment

I agree with the post above- origami (maybe a small one of one of his favourite animals?) and fun coupons.

As for other ideas, maybe things that take him back to childhood; silly putty, play doh, 'expandable towels', etc.

This is a great idea, though! T'was thinking for my SO's last birthday: -- number of things that I love about him. This is much more fun ^^

Comment

I've done this before, Although it was a little while ago.. The way I did it was I had a word doc on my computer of ideas to put in the 'present box', I would add to the word doc whenever I found another idea. Google is your best friend as well

I wrapped each 'present' individually and I wrote a little letter about what the present represented. I also numbered all the presents for him to open them in a particular order, I had him open some presents before his birthday so I could be with him when he opened them (I was there for a trip about a month before his birthday, so I wanted to celebrate together and also have him open things on his actual birthday).

I had a lot of things in the box, I can't really remember them all now! Some of his favourites were a polo t-shirt, an owl I knitted myself and two chains (necklaces) that have puzzle pieces on them - the puzzle pieces fit together - I gave both to him so he could decide which one he wanted to wear and which one he wanted me to have

he never takes the chain off (well.. he takes it off for airport security ) and 'Owlie' sits on his desk.

If you haven't given your SO one of the LFAD wrist bands that might be a good idea? I gave my SO one of those for his last birthday to replace the old wrist band he used to wear for 'good luck' that was breaking (he wore it for 'good luck' for me too, like when I was flying ) He wears the LFAD "love knows no distance" wrist band all the time, and it's not girly but its cute and a good symbol of the LDR
              Met Online: February 2009
              Feelings grew: January 2011
              First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
              Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
              Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
              Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
              Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
              Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
              Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
              Engaged: 1st of July 2012
              Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
              Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
              Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
              Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
              Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
              Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I did this a while ago for our first anniversary we spend together, which was 5 months. I don't remember the number of things I put in there and they were not really gifts but more just things that represented us. I wrapped all of them with a little note saying why I picked it. And then put it in a box with our names and the date on it
                - A little soap in the shape of Nemo because we like Pixar.
                - A shell I found on the beach because he likes the sea so much.
                - A little candle because he's the light in my life.
                - A tiny piggybank to represent the amount of saving he has to do for college.
                - A little souvenir statue of London because that was our first trip together.
                - A tiny buddha statue to bring him luck when I'm not there during hard times.
                - A butterfly garden decoration because he gives me butterflies.
                - Two pictures of me, one when I was little and one now.
                That's all I remember for now! But he absolutely loved it so maybe instead of some actual gifts you can also pick some silly little things that represent you

Comment

Thank you so to all soo much.. Your ideas really will help me!

I have done some of them what you said for eg puzzle necklaeces but i haven't given it to him yet, but he knows it becouse it was our idea and when they are together there is written i love you half on my language and half on his language <3

he will lav coupons - me to do massage on his back, becouse he loves when i walk on his back

origami things will be super lovely too..

and yes everything what is special for us even super little things will be super lovely i think

Comment

A £29 gift card :P. I'm not sure if you can even get them in that amount xD. If not, get a £30 one and spend a pound before giving it to him :P.

Comment

hey ppl. what do you think? is it good idea? to put me and my so's pictures on that box all over it and little writings and little paintings ? or that box should be one color or something/

Comment

What a fantastic idea! I think I may steal it! lol

Comment

:I already have bought 16 things.. Now I think it's time to doo some handmade things.. I will upload a picture here when everything is ready

Comment

Originally posted by Laural007 View Post
                            What a fantastic idea! I think I may steal it! lol

hehehe of course you can steal that idea ! It's lot of fun for me to do that thing and im waiting that day when i give him that present I know he will love it <3

Comment

Originally posted by lola View Post
                              : I will upload a picture here when everything is ready
                              Yes, please! =)

Comment

Working...
                              X