Ugh strange turn of events..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh strange turn of events..

Okay, so originally my SO and I planned on meeting for lunch today when he drives up to see me. Well apparently my Mon somehow guessed we were planning that and was pretty much making me promise we wouldn't do that. Okay, now so I had been messaging my SO to tell him not to meet me for lunch just to get some rest. Well he never got my messages because he left his phone back in SC with his grandparents cause it was messed up. So now, my mom decides that she's going to take me out for lunch instead of him in case he doesn't show. We, lunchtime rolls around and turns out, they're both here! Ugh! My mom introduces herself, then let's my SO and I go eat by ourselves while she goes and eats at the restaurant across the street. Lunch is over, we walk back to my work cause he has to get something for me from his car. My mom pulls up in her car, asks him if he'd like a tour of our town with her since I had to get back to work til 5 like I thought. So I discover that my supervisor is letting me leave at 3 since my SO only had a few hours with me. Problem...my mom hasn't got a cellphone, my SO left his back in SC. I have no idea where she was taking him but she has to bring him back because were all meeting for supper at 6. Should I just drive around town to see if I can locate her car? I had no idea my supervisor would let me leave early until now and I can't get in touch with my man., Help!

Why doesn't your mom have a phone?

Really the only thing you can do is wait.
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

I'm sorry but this whole story sounds weird.

Comment

My mom refuses to own a cellphone.:/ This is not at all how I wanted my day to start.

Comment

unfortunately only thing you can do is waiting for them. Dont panic cause its not gona help you. Hop everything is fine with your SO. Do Let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Halloween View Post
            Really the only thing you can do is wait.
            Originally posted by Laural007 View Post
            I'm sorry but this whole story sounds weird.
            ^ this is all we can really offer you.. Do whatever you feel is right, but probably waiting is the only thing.. and I'm not exactly sure why you're asking for advice on this? we are even more disconnected from your SO and your mum than YOU are.
            Met Online: February 2009
            Feelings grew: January 2011
            First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
            Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
            Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
            Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
            Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
            Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
            Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
            Engaged: 1st of July 2012
            Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
            Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
            Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
            Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
            Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
            Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
              ^ this is all we can really offer you.. Do whatever you feel is right, but probably waiting is the only thing.. and I'm not exactly sure why you're asking for advice on this? we are even more disconnected from your SO and your mum than YOU are.
              Unfortunately this is the case. :/ I hope you get it figured out soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
                Agreeing with this, I'm not really sure what kind of advice you seek since we're all even further away and practically know nothing about you/your family/SO. Hope everything turns out okay though!

Met online: February 2011
                Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

I think she just wanted to vent, get it out, tell someone.
                  Looking forward to hearing how it all went!

Comment

This is some good blog-worthy stuff...you should consider blogging

Met: November 19, 2010
                    Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
                    Made it official: April 29, 2011
                    Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
                    Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
                    Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
                    K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
                    Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
                    Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X