Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks I'm doing much better now. still I disbelief, but what can I do? I haven't played WoW in over 6 months now. gaming just won't be the same anymore.

Comment

[QUOTE=Katy31;291770]I think there is a difference between blaming the victim and just providing constructive advice on how to (hopefully) avoid a similar situation in future./QUOTE]

No, no, no, no, no, no x a million. All you're doing his rubbing his nose in it. A long time ago I was victim bashed, blamed and humiliated because I had spoken out about being taken advantage of somebody who I loved. I got all the typical lines "You should have known", "Take responsibility for your actions", "Well learn from it" and "Stop playing the victim". The guy got NO blame what-so-ever even though he manipulated and used me....because I chose to openly speak out about it. I got people telling me I should have done this and done that to "prevent it" when there was literally NOTHING I could have done. I almost committed suicide because I felt like a slut, all of the blame was coming onto me and I felt alone. Nobody took my side. Nobody fought for me.

It is NEVER the victim's fault and telling them anything other than that is victim blaming. I don't care if its done with good intentions or not.
      Last edited by Black_Halloween; May 31, 2013, 01:23 PM.
      Made it official: 12-01-10
      First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
      Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Originally posted by Cricky712 View Post
        Thanks I'm doing much better now. still I disbelief, but what can I do? I haven't played WoW in over 6 months now. gaming just won't be the same anymore.
        If gaming is something you loved, I really hope you don't lose it. This is like letting him steal something else from you. You can empower yourself when ready. Stay strong. If you loved the game without the social aspect of it, you could just avoid the chat and work on leveling up for awhile instead.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
          If gaming is something you loved, I really hope you don't lose it. This is like letting him steal something else from you. You can empower yourself when ready. Stay strong. If you loved the game without the social aspect of it, you could just avoid the chat and work on leveling up for awhile instead.
          Agreed! Keep doing what you love, and after a while you won't associate it with this guy anymore.

Really sorry to hear that this happened to you, but you've been smart about it and I'm happy to hear you've forgiven the person who lied to you

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

I'm so sorry you had this happen to you... I think this could've happened to anyone, but not everyone would've handled with grace and maturity like you did. Just keep doing what you enjoy, I know you still feel shocked but I'm sure in time things get back to normal again.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

This is really awful. I hope you'll get over this soon. This person is not worth all your grief. Don't loose your faith in people though because of this. There are plenty of nice ones out there! *hugs*

Comment

Working...
              X