She is Scared!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She is Scared!!

Becca my dear girlfriend/best friend is scared. She is scared I will break her heart.

"I feel like you will meet someone else when you go off to college and i'm going to get heart broken. My heart isn't a toy. It was broken many times. Ripped apart and I have been sewing it back together. The wounds still hurt and it cant take being broken again - Becca"

This is just an example of one of the many things she has said to me over the last few days. I am not asking for you guys to recover my relationship, that is my job I know. Just help me with the words to say and how to say them! I have asked her for some time. We can work it out. I just think i need a little help?!

Our date shows only a week, but this has been going on long before the official date. If you guys can help me I will be more than grateful! I'd rather not lose her just before our summer starts.

I often got scared that my boyfriend would cheat on me because we were so far away, and really the only thing that fixed it was being able to trust him and take his word for things. I think the biggest thing for you to do is to be there for her if she becomes insecure. And tell her that. Let her know that you'll be there for her whenever she needs you to be. It may not be there all the time, but if she feels upset to tell you.

First met: June 2012
    Became Committed: June 04, 2012
    Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
    Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

I feel like we are going around in circles. We have done this. I reassure her as much as i can. part of it is it sounds like she has given up!

Comment

Do you think I should suggest she look at this website?

Comment

Originally posted by kyleomatic9 View Post
          Yes, this site is very helpful for us to understand that LDRs do work and you have to trust that your love can make it through the distance. If you don't mind sharing this as your place to vent then I think it might help her a lot. When you see how many others are going through the same thing it makes the path ahead feel less dire. When you read the success stories of some of our members it melts your heart. I don't know what I would have done without this place.
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Definitely!!! But you do need to understand that this is a relationship and that it's a two-way street. If she can't trust you, then it doesn't matter what you do. My boyfriend would also try to befriend my friends because whenever him and I got into a fight, it was easier for my friends to be unbiased when giving me advice. And other than your SO, who better to talk to than your friends.

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

for now i just have been fighting for it for 2 days. Her mom said to give her time. It's just rather stressing. I don't wanna be a wimp. Losing her now would kill me, besides the fact i would look like a player once again.

Not a huge deal. Whatever is meant to be will be.

Comment

Its the moment when she just wants you to drop it. This is on the edge of falling apart.

Comment

for now i just have been fighting for it for 2 days. Her mom said to give her time. It's just rather stressing. I don't wanna be a wimp. Losing her now would kill me, besides the fact i would look like a player once again.

It's really great that you said that because it means you're stepping up. I would just wait and see what she wants. Ask her about it too! Ask her what would make her comfortable.

XXX XXX

Comment

She said to leave it alone for now. So I am trying.

Comment

She said to leave it alone for now. So I am trying.
                      I'm sorry. Let us know how things look when you find out more.

XXX XXX

Comment

Yes,I think that would be a good idea. As others have said it will allow her to see that there are others just like her who are going or have been through the same things she is. It always helps a little to see when you're not alone in your situation,and that there are other people in the world who know what you're feeling.

I agree with what her mom said. It's ok to be there and reassure her and try to help her with it,but you also to a point need to let her come around on her own. You don't want to hang on too tight and overwhelm her to the point that she leaves you because she can't take the pressure.

Its the moment when she just wants you to drop it. This is on the edge of falling apart.
                        Not to be harsh,but you're assuming the worst before it happens. It may not be as close to the edge of falling apart as you think it is. Just give her some time.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                        Back Together: August 1,2012
                        First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                        Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                        Engaged: January 17,2013
                        Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                        Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                        We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                        SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                        Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

When she says she doesn't have time to give. She says its over she dosent see a future. When she says she dosent know anymore. That's when I'm not assuming. This is escalating quickly.

Comment

When she says she doesn't have time to give. She says its over she dosent see a future. When she says she dosent know anymore. That's when I'm not assuming. This is escalating quickly.
                            It starting to sound like she is just making excuses to break up??
                            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                              It starting to sound like she is just making excuses to break up??
                              I wish it didn't sound like that. For tonight she just said goodnight. I love you hasn't really come out of her mouth in awhile. I'm trying not to sound like a drama queen. She refuses to look at this site. I'm just lost now. I'm running out of tricks. I think all I can do is wait. Be there tell her I love her. That's about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X